- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Mulayam, Akhilesh comes together after several months
The thaw in the relation between the father and the son was perceptible as almost after seven months Samajwadi Party patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav and party president Akhilesh Yadav came together at a public event in Lucknow on Thursday.
Akhilesh touched the feet of Mulayam Singh and later posed for photographers while Mulayam blessed him and said some words which Akhilesh listened intently.
Both had come to Lohia Park to pay their respect to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia on his death anniversary.
In the last few weeks, the father and son duo has met at least twice and even spoke on telephone but this was the first time when they posed publically and tried to send the message across that all was well in the SP’s first family.
Shivpal Singh Yadav was however missing from the function at Lohia Park, but in the morning he along with Mulayam Singh Yadav had gone to Lohia Trust and paid floral tributes to the Socialist ideologue.
After the function, Akhilesh stressed that everything was fine in the family. “There are ideological differences (with father).Tell me a family where you do not see differences between father and son. He has his own way of doing things while I have my own,” Akhilesh told reporters.
The SP chief even said that if a father started finding mistakes in what his son does all the time, then the former has been misguided. He however did not elaborate as to who were the people who were trying to misguide Mulayam Singh.
In his press conference, Akhilesh attacked the BJP saying that it always talked about the dynasty and Yadav family. “When will it tell the mantra of making Rs 80 crore from just Rs 50,000,” he said in an oblique reference to BJP chief Amit Shah’s son Jay Shah, who has been charged with making money through his father’s contacts.
Akhilesh even questioned the economic policy of the Modi government saying that BJP leaders should answer whether corruption had vanished after demonetization. He also attacked the Centre for implementing GST without any preparations.
The former UP Chief Minister also attacked the Yogi government in the state saying that development has come to a naught here. The power situation is pathetic. The villages are craving for electricity.
“This government is not doing any work. It is only inaugurating projects which the Samajwadi Party had initiated by replacing our plaques with their plaques,” said Akhilesh referring to a controversy over Sri Ram Hospital in Ayodhya whose ICU ward is to be inaugurated by the CM on October 18 while the SP has claimed that it had already been inaugurated in the last regime.
Asking party workers to gear up for 2019 Lok Sabha polls, the SP chief said, “We have nothing to lose now. We will only gain. The people of the state are waiting for an opportunity to bring the SP back.”
“We have to prepare for 2022 Assembly elections too. This government is not doing any development work and the people have understood that,” he said.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal