- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Naik suggests state Govt. to take actions on vandalising bungalow by Akhilesh
Taking serious note of the alleged vandalising by Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav in a government bungalow that he vacated on orders of Supreme Court, Governor Ram Naik directed the state government to take legal action against the former Chief Minister. Naik issued the direction through a letter to Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Tuesday.
“Damages caused to the bungalow by former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav before vacating it, has become the talk of the town and also hogged headlines in the media. It’s most inappropriate and serious matter. These bungalows are government properties and the cost of their maintenance is done from tax payers’ money. Hence the government should take appropriate legal action,’’ wrote the Governor. On Tuesday, Naik summoned officials of Estate department for a first hand account of damages in the bungalow vacated by the SP chief. He was informed that the department conducted ideography of all bungalows vacated by former CMs and damages were only found in the bungalow vacated by Akhiulesh Yadav.
Meanwhile, the Estate department in its preliminary report submitted to the government said that all bungalows vacated by former CMs were found in satisfactory condition except the SP chief’s 4, Vikramaditya Marg bungalow in which a number of things were found damaged and missing. A final inspection would be submitted to the government in next few days.
“Taking a cue from the condition of 4, Vikramaditya Marg, we inspected other bungalows as well. But, prima facie, nothing was found missing in the residences vacated by four other former CMs,” said a senior Estate department official.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun