- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Names of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) members were declared
Even as names of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) members were declared on Tuesday, some state Congress leaders have been trying to conceal information and refusing to give the list in Lucknow on Tuesday.
“How can we now make the list of PCC members official when without selecting a single member, we passed a resolution of crowing Rahul Gandhi as Congress president with the help of PCC members several months back,” questioned a senior UP Congress leader.
Talking to media persons on conditions of anonymity, the leader revealed that PCC members across the country passed a similar resolution to make Rahul as Congress president. But the truth is that, not a single leader was officially made PCC member till then.
He claimed that before conducting a session of All India Congress Committee (AICC) scheduled for March 17 and 18, the list of PCC members has been made official but was circulated with confidentiality as otherwise the party would be facing with an embarrassing situation.
Interestingly, another Congress leader revealed that even now the list of about 1250 PCC members has not been made public. But a direct telephonic call has been made by respective district and city chiefs informing selected leaders and inviting them for AICC session. “Just like in September last year, when a PCC meeting was held at Lucknow without making the PCC members list official, now the AICC session would also conclude without declaring the names,” the leader disclosed. “Now after large scale resentment, senior leaders have asked to send names from all regions so that those leaders whose names could not be included due to various reasons, chould be included as `co-opted’ members,” the leader said.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar