- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Officials from Chaudhary Charan Singh University in trouble for saving accused
Officials of Chaudhary Charan Singh University in Meerut could find themselves in trouble for allegedly trying to save one of the eight accused of raping and killing an eight-year-old girl in Kathua. The accused was a student pursuing a BSc course from a college in Muzaffarnagar and had slipped to Jammu and arranges another student to appear in his place.
Sources said that some varsity officials tried to bail out the Kathua rape accused, identified as Vishal Jangotra aka `Shamma’ and try to project that he appeared in examination in Muzaffarnagar during the time of incident.
While probingthe incident, Special Investigation Team (SIT) of Jammu Police learnt of the development and reached Meerut. They also seized the recording of Close Circuit Television and other examinations records to nail down the officials for trying to patronise the main accused.
Interestingly, the Uttar Pradesh Special Task Force is also looking for Jangotra in a case of impersaonation during examinations.
Sources said that the name of Acting Superintendent of Confidential Office of Meerut University, Chandra Praksh along with Kaviraj, Subash Chandra Piplani surfaced during probe. All three are absconding at present after their names cropped up as UP STF probed a series of incidnts in which they were found to be changing answer sheets of students doing MBBS or other courses from associated colleges of Chaudhary Charan Singh University.
Sources further said that Jangotra, arrested by the J & K police in connection with Kathua rape case, hailed from Rasna Hisankar locality of Jammu. He was a student of BSc I in Akansha Degree College in Meerapur area of Muzaffarnagar. He has to appear in his examination at KK Jain Degree College in Khatauli, Muzaffarnagar between 10th and 30th January earlier this year.
The STF probe found out that on January 11, Jangotra arranged another student to appear in the exams in his place and he left for Jammu. With Jangotra already involved in a case of impersonation here, the Jammu SIT is now claiming that he was present in Kathua when the incident took place.
After collecting evidences from Meerut university and based on records collected by UP STF, the Jammu SIT might also make the varsity staff co-accused in the rape case.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar