- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
Om Prakash Rajbhar demands further divergence in OBC quota
Uttar Pradesh minister for welfare of backward classes and empowerment of handicapped, Om Prakash Rajbhar, on Wednesday demanded further bifurcation of the reservation given to backward classes, scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
The 27 per cent reservation being given to backward classes on recommendations of the Mandal Commission is beneficial to backward and most backward classes, but it should percolate down to other related sections., he said. While highlighting the achievements of his ministry, Rajbhar pointed out that monthly pension for the handicapped had been increased from Rs 300 to Rs 500, marriage grant increased from Rs 20,000 to Rs35,000 and surgery grant was raised to Rs 10,000 from the previous Rs 8,000.
The minister said that previously Rs10,000 was given to handicapped people for setting up a shop, but the amount has been increased to Rs50,000, of which half is discounted. Rajbhar said the diet allowance for handicapped people had been increased from Rs1,200 to Rs2,000. He further stated that for preparing backward class students for IAS and PCS examinations, 14 coaching centres had been opened.
- CM unveils many development projects 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Normal life disrupted in state following snowfall 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops terrorised us to leave village: Sohan Lal 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Will revive Naini Lake at any cost: CS 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Govt demands Rs 2761 cr as 2nd Supplementary 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Dalits bodies stage sit-in on missing dalit boy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kissing row rocks House, BJP wants debate 14 Dec 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Nursery Act drafted on CM‚Äôs order 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Training on water test held 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- SBI Life to build B‚Äôswar school lavatories 14 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar