PM Narendra Modi wants that every village should be strong : Yogi
Chief minister Yogi Adityanath has called for connecting every individual of the village with the Gram Swaraj campaign so that everyone gets the benefit of the government schemes.
“Prime Minister Narendra Modi wants that every village should be strong and hence we are directly talking to every gram pradhans. We are working honestly but the people living in the villages should also come forward to take the benefits,” he said. Yogi, who launched several schemes and reviewed the welfare schemes under the Gram Swaraj in the district on Saturday, said that backwards and dalits are in the priority of the government and he himself was going to the villages to take stock of the situation.
“It is unfortunate that clever people take all the benefits of the government schemes and the innocent lag behind. Now it is our duty to take the schemes to the last person of the society as there is no dearth of funds and PM himself has given all power to the gram pradhans,” he said. Talking about the duties of the gram pradhans, the CM said they have an important role to play in the development of the villages. “They should be impartial in doing their work. The pradhans should leave their religion, caste or locality for development. They are the pradhan of the entire village and do it entirely for the whole area,” he said adding that now the pradhans are getting more area development fund than what the Legislators were getting.
Raking up the statement of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi, who said that Rs 100 sent by the Centre to the village, just Rs 10 is what the villages get, Yogi said that now the entire money reached village. “Our PM Narendra Modi has ensured that the entire Rs 100 reaches the villages. Now the middle persons and brokers have been removed which is the main problem for some people who are creating hurdles in development,” he alleged.
Stressing on the Central government’s Swacch Bharat Mission, Yogi said that every village should be clean and beautiful. “If there is no toilet then people should take financial assistance to construct it. There are sweepers in every village and people should ensure that they work. If their villages are dirty it gives an impression that the villagers are themselves not clean” asserted Yogi while calling the villagers that it is their duty to keep their hamlets neat and clean.
During his stay in the district, the CM distributed certificates of different schemes to the beneficiaries and had interaction with 279 selected gram pradhans. He also inspected the wheat purchasing centers and reviewed the law and order situation in the district before flying back for Lucknow.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur