- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
privatisation of power distribution in four mega cities of UP
The day tender for appointment of a consultant for privatisation of power distribution in four mega cities of UP is to be opened, the engineers and employees at all power discoms are launching work boycott from morning of May 20.
To raise voice against privatisation efforts in the power sector, May 20 will be observed as protest day across the country. Supporting agitation in UP the power engineers will take out processions in sate capitals, said, Shailendra Dubey, secretary general of All India Power Engineers Federation (AIPEF) on Friday
It have also decided that transmission of energy from other states to UP will be stopped and no engineer from outside will come to work here during work boycott, he said.
AIPEF demanding intervention in a letter to chief minister, Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said, the government must reply as to how privatisation of power distribution was going to help in covering up losses in power corporations. While the government have itself admitted in the draft of financial restructuring plan (FRP) that causes leading to huge losses in UP were lack of adequate subsidy from government, refraining from hike in power tariff and hike in cost of electricity during previous ten years.
The office bearers of AIPEF said, in fact the government was going to privatise power distribution in the cities Ghaziabad, Meerut, Varanasi and Kanpur which were already earning profit through better revenue realisation than other cities of UP.
Questioning the intentions behind privatisation, the office bearers said, the officials were providing energy to Torrent power company, manning power distribution of Agra city, on rates Rs 1.86 per unit which was purchased on higher rates Rs 3.95 per unit. Thus privatisation in Agra was costing Rs 425 crore loss to power corporation every year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJP demonstrate against BSP leaders 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Everyone is equal before law and eligible to get justice: CM 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM Attacks Modi 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to felicitate state’s outstanding achievers 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to take out Tiranga Yatra 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Severe flood situation in state 24 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJD announces stir over Mahanadi C’garh dam 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- City Raahgiri takes monsoon break 24 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crime track system in PSs by March 24 Jul 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Land given for 2nd Kendriya Vidyalaya in Baleswar district 24 Jul 2016 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.