- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
privatisation of power distribution in four mega cities of UP
The day tender for appointment of a consultant for privatisation of power distribution in four mega cities of UP is to be opened, the engineers and employees at all power discoms are launching work boycott from morning of May 20.
To raise voice against privatisation efforts in the power sector, May 20 will be observed as protest day across the country. Supporting agitation in UP the power engineers will take out processions in sate capitals, said, Shailendra Dubey, secretary general of All India Power Engineers Federation (AIPEF) on Friday
It have also decided that transmission of energy from other states to UP will be stopped and no engineer from outside will come to work here during work boycott, he said.
AIPEF demanding intervention in a letter to chief minister, Akhilesh Yadav on Friday said, the government must reply as to how privatisation of power distribution was going to help in covering up losses in power corporations. While the government have itself admitted in the draft of financial restructuring plan (FRP) that causes leading to huge losses in UP were lack of adequate subsidy from government, refraining from hike in power tariff and hike in cost of electricity during previous ten years.
The office bearers of AIPEF said, in fact the government was going to privatise power distribution in the cities Ghaziabad, Meerut, Varanasi and Kanpur which were already earning profit through better revenue realisation than other cities of UP.
Questioning the intentions behind privatisation, the office bearers said, the officials were providing energy to Torrent power company, manning power distribution of Agra city, on rates Rs 1.86 per unit which was purchased on higher rates Rs 3.95 per unit. Thus privatisation in Agra was costing Rs 425 crore loss to power corporation every year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will sacrifice govt for communal harmony: Mulayam 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP claims SP activists attacked their supporters 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Provide water in canals: yadav 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IT members stalled services for a day 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- HC cancels yadav’s consultant contract 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Kochi
- Usman asks for final report on fake currency note row 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fast-unto-death stir in JP Jail intensifies 09 Oct 2015 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Woman among 2 CPI(Maoists) held in Gomia 09 Oct 2015 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bhagat punished for being movement leader: Niru Bhagat 09 Oct 2015 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- Chhatarpur MLA sees red over Palamu police firing 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
In an apparent damage control exercise following the Dadri lynching incident Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said the state government will act tough against the conspirators even ready to sacrifice the government for the sake of communal harmony in the state. Breaking his silence after 10 days of the Dadri incident Mulayam Singh Yadav without naming the political party said here on Thursday that it was a preplanned conspiracy hatched...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.