Raj Babbar to meet local leaders at divisional level every week
To strengthen the organisation at ground level and ensure better co-ordination among leaders of various cells, state Congress chief Raj Babbar has decided to meet local leaders at divisional level every week besides holding state level meeting at Lucknow party headquarters every month.
“Babbar will meet leaders of city and district Congress as well as district heads of frontal outfits every week for better coordination which could strengthen the party before the next Parliament elections,” said Congress spokesman Zeeshan Haider, speaking about Babbar’s meeting with frontal outfit leaders on Saturday.
The meeting was attended by leaders of Minorities Cell, Women’s Cell, NSUI, Sewa Dal, Youth Congress and SC / ST Cell.
Haider said that the meeting, one division every week, will be started by Babbar from January end while state-level meetings with district, city chiefs and leaders of all frontal outfits at Lucknow party office in the first week of every month from February.
Meanwhile, in-charge of BSP Brahmin Bhaichara Committee Anil Kumar Mishra and dozens of his supporters joined the Congress at Karnailganj in Gonda on Saturday afternoon. Haider said that Babbar also formed a committee to accord a historic welcome to Rahul Gandhi on Monday, when he comes to the state capital for the first time after becoming Congress president. Rahul will reach Amausi Airport on Monday morning and proceed to Amethi as he will be on a two-day tour to his Parliamentary constituency.
- INBRIEF 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State health centres bag national award 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- JMM call for Opposition unity for ‚Äô19 polls 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Triumphant candidates celebrate, thank voters 21 Apr 2018 | ADREESH BHATTACHARYA | in Ranchi
- BJP retains Mayor, Deputy Mayor posts in RMC 21 Apr 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Polling to be held on May 13 in 18 municipal committees of Haryana 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana orders crop loss assessment exercise 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Three MoUs signed at YMCA's Industrial Conclave 2018 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine more ministers in Punjab Cabinet 21 Apr 2018 | Monika Malik | in Chandigarh
- Collapsed bridge on Gangotri highway re-opens 21 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun