State minister Rammurti faces gangrape allegation
Another state minister in Akhilesh Yadav’s government, Rammurti Singh Verma, faces trouble when a woman alleged that the leader and his henchmen had forcibly called and gang raped her. She said that the accused also threatened her with her life if she dared to reveal the incident to anyone. Interestingly, the local police in Shahjahenpur refused to take cognizance of the matter following which the victim proceed local court which now sought detail of the incident from district police chief of Shahjahenpur.
Reports said that one Savita (name changed), a resident of Shahjahenpur, had filed a complaint with the local court, alleging that on April 15 last, when she was going back home, one self-proclaimed journalist Amit Bhaduriya intercepted and told her that minister Rammurti had called to meet in his office in April 19. She claimed to have refused but on April 30, she received a call on her mobile from Rammurti, who questioned that why did she not visited his home when he had called her. The minister again threatened her and asked her to meet him.
Savita further said that when she not went, the station house officer of Kotwali Police Station, Shree Prakash Rai met her and threatened that if she would not go and meet the minister than the leader would get her arrested in some swindling case. Kavita claimed that the SHO also forcibly took her to PWD Guest House where the said minister was present with his henchmen. She claimed that on directions of the minister, his henchmen left the room after which Rammurti asked SHO to ensure that no one would come inside.
Later the minister caught hold of her and told that if she would accept his demand than he would get her a fair price shop license and if she would refused than he would get her kill. The minister also whipped out a revolver and later raped her. Later three more accomplishes, identified as Amit Bhaduriya, Brahm Kumar Dixit and Gufran had raped her. They later freed her in the mid-night but with the warning that if she would quietly entertain them than she would be in gain otherwise even her body could not be located by her family members. Kavita also said that to have contacted the local police officers but when no one listen to her complaint, she went to court to seek justice. Meanwhile, Congress leader, Sanjay Bajpayee, demanded removal of the minister and alleged that in the present regime, the ruling Party members were themselves involved in criminal activities. “The name of minister Rammurti in gang rape case is not knew as now a host of ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav cabinet were indulged in such activities”, alleged Bajpayee, who is UPCC spokesperson. He said that what is more surprising it that Chief Minister, Akhilesh Yadav and SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav, always gave shelter to such elements instead of dealing with them with tough hands. He said that Samajwadi Party leaders were themselves responsible for deteriorating law and other situation in the State.
- Inbrief 24 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav to be held on Feb 24, 25 24 Feb 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Kathak dance with Dhrupad music witnessed at Bhopal 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Grand award ceremony held at multi-art centre 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Turmali play staged at Tribal Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Welfare, hostel scheme implemented to make foodgrain available 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teesri Kasam movie screened at Dhusyant Kumar Memorial Museum 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ujaas 2018 begins at Anand Vihar College for women 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies, met with accident on Feb 17 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- SCR Manufactures 100th AC EMU Set 24 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal