- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Tyagi criticizes BJP Govt. over false promises for Swaminathan Committee
National General Secretary of Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Trilok Tyagi lambasted the BJP government for making false promise of implementing Swaminathan Committee recommendation to address the woes of the farmers.
Interacting with newsmen at the state RLD office in Lucknow on Tuesday, Tygai said that the BJP was anti-farmer in nature.
“Its leaders make tall promises like increasing farmers’ income and implementation of Swaminathan Committee report in speeches during 2014 elections. But they never translate it into action. Due to faulty policies, cane arrears have topped Rs 1200 crore in the current fiscal. But the CM was yet to announce a date of payment with interest on arrears. Farmers are yet to get the previous interest on arrears,” he pointed out. Tyagi said that the Rs 700 crore package announced by the Centre will be of no use for the farmers. “The fund will be used in manufacturing of ethanol. Cane growers are forced to sell their produce to private crushers as the government and co-operative sugar mills are yet to become functional,” he pointed out.
The RLD leader also spoke on the plight of potato growers and demanded that the state government should effectively address their issues.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun