- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Marandi writes to PM over rail line closure
Former Chief Minister and JVM chief Babulal Marandi has written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi holding his office responsible for shutting down Dhanbad-Chandrapura railway line without preparation.
In his missive, Marandi has also blamed the Centre for neglecting Jharkhand.
“By an order from the office of the Prime Minister the Dhanbad-Chandrapura section has been shut down indefinitely and without having any alternate train route. More than 20 lakh people would be affected by this including travellers and vendors. Thousands are going to be unemployed with the decision which should not go unopposed,” said Marandi addressing a press conference.
The JVM leader, in his letter, mentioned that there were more than a dozen stations on the 34 kilometers rail line on which many express and passenger trains are operated. “Many goods trains are also operated on the line which generates good revenue besides, means of employment for the locals,” he added and announced that he would organise a march between the stations to highlight the plight.
The letter also mentioned about promises made by the Prime Minister to the people of State in the run up to the general elections in 2014 and blamed him for not fulfilling most of those in terms of employment, income growth and development.
“It seems your entire attention is to exploit natural resources of the State and not on Jharkhand which is still living with unemployment and displacement. Tribal and Moolvasis are pushed to margins at the cost of a small bunch of people,” reads the letter.
Marandi in his missive also mentioned about Adani Power’s upcoming plant in Godda “without following set norms and overlooking wishes of the local villagers.” He went on adding that all those opposing the project have been harassed, including party MLA Pradeep Yadav placed behind the bars for over a month time.
The leader, behind the decision to close the underground fire hit rail line, also saw exploitation of coal beneath as reason to drive home his point.
“People would ultimately understand the real intention behind shutting down the rail line. Anyway, alternate arrangement should be done keeping in mind hardship the passengers are going to face in future. If not addressed, this may inflame into a law and order issue in the State,” added Marandi.
- Narottam campaigns at Kolaras bypoll 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Nishatpura police nab two women involved in jewellery heist 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 90th free Urology and Gen Surgery Camp at Seva Sadan 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Miscreants nabbed with sharp edged weapons 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- New land revenue courts soon, says BP Singh 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Second day of JLU National Moot Court Competition 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hemant seeks relief from HC 18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ED raids in 3 cities of State 18 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mix blend of arty activities on Day-2 of cultural extravaganza 18 Feb 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- BSNL offers free 2 GB data for first timers 18 Feb 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi