- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
New Lok Pal legislation in Punjab soon
The Punjab Government will enact a new Lok Pal legislation with the powers to initiate action on complaints against the Chief Minister, the Ministers and the bureaucracy at all levels, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh announced in the Vidhan Sabha on Monday.
The Government has also decided to review and revamp the Right to Service Commission Act to bring in greater accountability into the system. Revamp of the Unified Delivery Centres / Service Centres is also on the cards, while the Government is also examining a proposal to establish Nayaya Panchayats to ensure easy, quick and affordable justice at grassroots.
The Government has also initiated the process to establish Special Courts to settle matters concerning NRIs, serving soldiers, drug peddlers, for speedier justice, the Chief Minister informed the House.
The Chief Minister also reiterated his commitment to preserving the freedom of press, saying his Government stands strongly committed against censorship, monopoly and cartelization in various forms of media. He assured of transparency and level playing field to all interested parties in news channels and cable networks.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal