- Indian national Kulbhushan Jadhav, files mercy petition with Pakistan Army chief: ISPR.
- Indian IT not H-1B dependent, says Infosys CEO
- Opposition parties to meet over Presidential election
- Those who celebrated Pak's win should go and live there: Rizvi
- 3 LeT militants gunned down in Pulwama
- Pak to review 'lenient' visa policy for Chinese citizens
New Lok Pal legislation in Punjab soon
The Punjab Government will enact a new Lok Pal legislation with the powers to initiate action on complaints against the Chief Minister, the Ministers and the bureaucracy at all levels, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh announced in the Vidhan Sabha on Monday.
The Government has also decided to review and revamp the Right to Service Commission Act to bring in greater accountability into the system. Revamp of the Unified Delivery Centres / Service Centres is also on the cards, while the Government is also examining a proposal to establish Nayaya Panchayats to ensure easy, quick and affordable justice at grassroots.
The Government has also initiated the process to establish Special Courts to settle matters concerning NRIs, serving soldiers, drug peddlers, for speedier justice, the Chief Minister informed the House.
The Chief Minister also reiterated his commitment to preserving the freedom of press, saying his Government stands strongly committed against censorship, monopoly and cartelization in various forms of media. He assured of transparency and level playing field to all interested parties in news channels and cable networks.
- Bhopalites to witness Aradhna today 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Painting exhibition begins at Bharat Bhavan 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Use of bio-resources to be regulated soon 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Double murder case: Main accused held 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Will purchase all farm produce, assures CM 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- College students perform asanas on Yoga Day 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- World Yoga Day celebrated across institutions 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- President to visit Doon in July 22 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Muslim minors held for shouting pro-Pak slogans in Uttarakhand 22 Jun 2017 | PTI | in Dehradun
- Two woman Maoists gunned down in encounter with police 22 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur