- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
New Lok Pal legislation in Punjab soon
The Punjab Government will enact a new Lok Pal legislation with the powers to initiate action on complaints against the Chief Minister, the Ministers and the bureaucracy at all levels, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh announced in the Vidhan Sabha on Monday.
The Government has also decided to review and revamp the Right to Service Commission Act to bring in greater accountability into the system. Revamp of the Unified Delivery Centres / Service Centres is also on the cards, while the Government is also examining a proposal to establish Nayaya Panchayats to ensure easy, quick and affordable justice at grassroots.
The Government has also initiated the process to establish Special Courts to settle matters concerning NRIs, serving soldiers, drug peddlers, for speedier justice, the Chief Minister informed the House.
The Chief Minister also reiterated his commitment to preserving the freedom of press, saying his Government stands strongly committed against censorship, monopoly and cartelization in various forms of media. He assured of transparency and level playing field to all interested parties in news channels and cable networks.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow