New Lok Pal legislation in Punjab soon
The Punjab Government will enact a new Lok Pal legislation with the powers to initiate action on complaints against the Chief Minister, the Ministers and the bureaucracy at all levels, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh announced in the Vidhan Sabha on Monday.
The Government has also decided to review and revamp the Right to Service Commission Act to bring in greater accountability into the system. Revamp of the Unified Delivery Centres / Service Centres is also on the cards, while the Government is also examining a proposal to establish Nayaya Panchayats to ensure easy, quick and affordable justice at grassroots.
The Government has also initiated the process to establish Special Courts to settle matters concerning NRIs, serving soldiers, drug peddlers, for speedier justice, the Chief Minister informed the House.
The Chief Minister also reiterated his commitment to preserving the freedom of press, saying his Government stands strongly committed against censorship, monopoly and cartelization in various forms of media. He assured of transparency and level playing field to all interested parties in news channels and cable networks.
- State health dept to open small medical unit at office of State health directorate 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Sachin Khokhar from dreaded Sunil Rathi gang shifted to Nainital jail 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLess defence products put factory staff in crisis‚Äô 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Report on Rashtrapati Bhavan trees presented to Pranab 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 2 persons blessed with vision from the eyes donated by Shantikunj resident 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4 members of inter-State swindling gang nabbed 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 4-day All India Doubles Badminton tourney begins 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Doon DM reviews developmental schemes progress 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dist health dept reports 4 new swine flu cases 27 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vyapam accused commits suicide 27 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal