- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
New Punjab industrial policy by end of July
The new industrial policy for Punjab will be declared by the end of July 2017, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Monday informed the Vidhan Sabha, while announcing a freeze on electricity tariff for new and existing industries at Rs 5 per unit.
The Government has also decided to make the Bureau of Investment Promotion more effective with the establishment of its offices at district level.
Making it clear that the new industrial policy would expand and strengthen fiscal incentives to the existing and new industries, the Chief Minister also announced abolition of truck unions to ensure free and fair movement of goods, including industrial products, besides destroying the transport mafia in the state.
The necessary notifications for all these decisions would be issued shortly, Captain Amarinder said.
The Government, he told the House, had decided to work out a comprehensive program to improve distribution and transmission systems of power in the State, and also to get the power purchase accounts of last 5 years audited through a third party to discern misappropriation of funds, if any.
The Chief Minister also announced several other steps to revive the state’s industry, which had been completely devastated under the previous regime. These include creation of land banks in all major towns to enable young entrepreneurs to set up industries or shift existing industries to new areas, fiscal incentives for border and kandi areas, simplification of process of obtaining CLU and the establishment of Industrial Policy Implementation Council under the Chief Minister to oversee time-bound development of industry in the State.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi