- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
New Punjab industrial policy by end of July
The new industrial policy for Punjab will be declared by the end of July 2017, Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh on Monday informed the Vidhan Sabha, while announcing a freeze on electricity tariff for new and existing industries at Rs 5 per unit.
The Government has also decided to make the Bureau of Investment Promotion more effective with the establishment of its offices at district level.
Making it clear that the new industrial policy would expand and strengthen fiscal incentives to the existing and new industries, the Chief Minister also announced abolition of truck unions to ensure free and fair movement of goods, including industrial products, besides destroying the transport mafia in the state.
The necessary notifications for all these decisions would be issued shortly, Captain Amarinder said.
The Government, he told the House, had decided to work out a comprehensive program to improve distribution and transmission systems of power in the State, and also to get the power purchase accounts of last 5 years audited through a third party to discern misappropriation of funds, if any.
The Chief Minister also announced several other steps to revive the state’s industry, which had been completely devastated under the previous regime. These include creation of land banks in all major towns to enable young entrepreneurs to set up industries or shift existing industries to new areas, fiscal incentives for border and kandi areas, simplification of process of obtaining CLU and the establishment of Industrial Policy Implementation Council under the Chief Minister to oversee time-bound development of industry in the State.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow