- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
NPU SIA helps make NH-75 bridge roads motorable
Nilamber Pitamber University’s social impact assessment report (SIA) on the land coming under approach roads of a bridge on NH 75 on the river Amanat contributed in the making the area motorable. The land belonged to raiyats and gair majrua.
Deputy Commissioner of Palamu Ameet Kumar told The Pioneer, “ I have no hesitation to say that NPU took more time than required in submitting the SIA report but when it swung into action it did it fast.”
A bridge on NH 75 on the river Amanat was hanging into fire due to the land acquired for its two side approach roads. NPU conducted the SIA which helped the administration to identify 65 decimals of raiyati land and 42 decimals of GM land, said land acquisition officer Banka Ram. Compensation to the tune of Rs 62 lakh has been paid to the raiyats. Ram added that GM land settlers will get fiscal relief once their cases in the settlement office are cleared.
Revenue and Land Reforms Department had nominated NPU to conduct the SIA which is a mandatory thing under the new land acquisition process. Vice Chancellor of NPU SN Singh said, “It is welcome to hear that this bridge on the NH 75 on river Amanat is now open to public and the NPU has done a the job. During my recent visit to Garhwa DC Neha Arora too had raised the issue of SIA to be done on Doomri nullah. I have assured Garhwa DC that NPU will pull out all stops for an early SIA report on this nullah.”
Sources said the NPU’s submission of SIA report saved Palamu administration from many problems as without it no compensation for land acquired would have come to the raiyats. Further not opening of this bridge was witnessing huge jam here every day.
- AK 56 recovered in Garu village 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- ‚ÄėGodda project progressing on firm footing‚Äô 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC reviews status of ongoing schemes 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Min Rawat discusses reforms for higher education sector 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Chouhan is MNREGA committee chairman 19 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM pays homage to martyr Vikas Gurung 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Remains of the martyr consigned to flames in Rishikesh 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- HC exempts Garhwal commissioner from personal appearance in court 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI prepares for IDY programme, to remain closed for visitors on June 19-20 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Police arrest murder victim's wife and paramour 19 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun