Over 129 farmers committed suicide during 120-day of Cong in Punjab: BJP
Taking on the Congress Government with the completion of its four months in office, Punjab BJP on Sunday claimed that more than 129 farmers have committed suicide during its 120-day rule.
“What is more disturbing is that after the Chief Minister Capt Amarinder made the announcement of partial loan waiver in the Assembly instead of full loan waiver, as promised by him during elections, 49 farmers have ended their lives,” said Punjab BJP vice-president Harjit Singh Grewal and State secretary Vineet Joshi, releasing “report card” of Capt Amarinder’s fourth month in office.
BJP leaders maintained that Capt Amarinder’s fourth month as Chief Minister has spelt doom for farmers, Panthic principles and parliamentary traditions.
“While the Chief Minister betrayed farmers by not waiving off their loans even after making an announcement during the Budget Session, the Co-operative societies and small banks have come on the verge of being shut down as they haven’t received back the loan amounts either from the Government or the farmers,” they said.
Meanwhile, the weather has played havoc with farmers as thousands of acres of farmland lies submerged under water, added the BJP leaders.
They pointed that the Government has not yet given anything in writing to the banks. “Till the Government gives it in writing to the banks, the loans don’t get waived off,” they added. “Citing State’s poor financial condition, Captain has shown helplessness to waive off the loans in full, but what about such promises where huge finances are not involved. He had promised a compensation of Rs 20,000 per acre in case of natural calamities, Rs 10 lakhs compensation and a job to a family member of the farmer who commits suicide, creation of a price stabilisation fund and providing health and life insurance of Rs 5 lakhs for farmers, but none of them have been fulfilled till now,” they said.
“Sand mafia, liquor mafia, transport mafia, gangsters — all are having a free run in Captain’s rule. Atrocities are meted out on Dalits and Congress leaders are misusing local police to unleash political vendetta…Captain has made a U-turn on VIP culture and special number plates are being introduced for bureaucrats and ministers. It’s a new kind of VIP culture in the State,” they said. Grewal and Joshi maintained that the State Government needs to be watchful of anti-national forces and BJP is always with the Punjab Government against such forces”.
- Min reviews outcome of cooperative workshop 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Challenges await new police chief 22 Jul 2017 | MANOJ KUMAR | in Dehradun
- Now, Mahant Indiresh hospital can conduct swine flu test 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Patients face problem due to lack of radiologists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Meeting for Independence Day preparations held 22 Jul 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- N America C‚Äôgarh Association membership growing rapidly 22 Jul 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Police nab four extremists 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Hospital train to provide medical services in Daltonganj 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Admin orders raids against shops to check sale of adulterated sweets 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CCL holds meeting of Rajbhasha Karyanvayan Samiti 22 Jul 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi