Police under pressure acting against MLA Arun Verma and Peace Party chief Dr Ayub
With the arrest of former Transport minister Gayatri Prasad Prajapati along with Jaimat Islam-e-Hind general secretary Masood Madni in separate sexual assault cases, the UP Police is under pressure to act against two politicians— outgoing MLA Arun Verma of Sultanpur and Peace Party chief Dr Ayub - on rape and murder charges.
A sednior official admitted that the pressure was on to take action against the two politicians who have been charged with rape and the victims died in mysteries circumstances. He said that the local police was investigating the matter and action was expected shortly.
An FIR was registered last month against local Samajwadi Party MLA Arun Verma after the body of a 20-year-old gangrape victim was recovered from a school with injury marks around her neck.
Verma, who had unsuccessfully contested from Sultanpur Sadar seat on a SP ticket, was named by the victim in her statement before a magistrate in 2013 as one of the eight persons who raped her at an isolated place in Sultanpur. She was a minor at the time.
In 2013, while the victim had named Verma and seven others in her statement, the investigating officer had given a clean chit to three of those named, including the MLA, and filed a chargesheet against five. The victim and her seven-month-old child were staying at her parents’ house for the last four months.
Besides, an FIR was lodged against Peace Party chief Dr Mohd Ayub at Madiaon police station of Lucknow last month, for allegedly raping a 22-year-old nursing student and killing her by giving wrong medicines.
Ayub, who owns a number of hospitals in the state, is the former MLA from Khalilabad seat of Sant Kabir Nagar but lost in the just concluded Assembly election from the same seat. The girl, whose liver and kidneys were damaged, was undergoing treatment at the Trauma Centre of King George Medical University in Lucknow and died on February 24.
Her family accused Ayub of raping her multiple times while she was studying in a medical institute in Lucknow. Her brother lodged an FIR under Indian Penal Code sections dealing with rape, culpable homicide not amounting to murder and criminal intimidation.
Prajapati was arrested on March 15 after being on the run for over a fortnight. An FIR was registered against him on the direction of Supreme Court for gangraping a woman and her teenage daughter. Madani, was arrested by Saharanpur police last Saturday in connection with rape charges levelled by a Haryana-based girl.
- Probe team focuses on land deal at Nagadih 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Naxals kill villager for being police spy 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- PTR suffers one more elephant loss 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 72 cases disposed in Lok Adalat 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- PTS suspects Anthrax behind male elephant’s death 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Administration seals Cafeteria 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- NGO spreads awareness for menstrual hygiene 28 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- India attained greater heights under Modi regime 28 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 5 killed as illegal mine caves in 28 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi