- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Procurement malpractices: File FIR, directs Minister
In-charge of Hazaribagh district, Minister Saryu Roy took part in the meeting of district planning and evaluation committee held in the collectorate on Monday. At this meeting he accepted that the private agency authorised to purchase paddy from the peasants on government’s procurement rate has made severe malpractices and irregularities in the process in North Chotanagpur and Santhal Paragana divisions. In North Chotanagpur the dues of peasants are still more than Rs 29 cr which is a matter of concern for the Government. He directed the administration to register an FIR against the erring private paddy procurement agencies.
In this meeting the Minister urged the people’s representatives to submit the developmental plans of their area within time so that the district planning committee can consider it. He was talking to the members who were making noise that their plans were not considered by the district administration and district administration was taking the stand that they had not submitted their proposals within given date.
In this meeting action taken report on the decisions taken in last meeting was discussed in details. Many members raised objections on the report given by district administration. Most objections were related to the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna and the Minister accepted that it needed a thorough enquiry of the entire scheme because the government is spending more than Rs 4000 crore on this scheme.
MLA Barkattha Janki Yadav, MLA Barhi Manoj Kumar Yadav and other members also raised several questions on different government departments and got positive response from the district administration.
During last meeting MLA sadar Manish Jaiswal has raised questions on the working style of sadar hospital Hazaribagh, in this meeting the district administration and civil surgeon looked vigilant on his objections and were ready with their answers and positive responses. In this meeting other members raised the problems of drinking water, electricity, sanitation etc. in their area and inquired about the steps taken yet by the district administration on their quarries put during last meeting. The district administration tried its best to satisfy everyone with its replies and presenting the future developmental plans for their areas.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi