- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Procurement malpractices: File FIR, directs Minister
In-charge of Hazaribagh district, Minister Saryu Roy took part in the meeting of district planning and evaluation committee held in the collectorate on Monday. At this meeting he accepted that the private agency authorised to purchase paddy from the peasants on government’s procurement rate has made severe malpractices and irregularities in the process in North Chotanagpur and Santhal Paragana divisions. In North Chotanagpur the dues of peasants are still more than Rs 29 cr which is a matter of concern for the Government. He directed the administration to register an FIR against the erring private paddy procurement agencies.
In this meeting the Minister urged the people’s representatives to submit the developmental plans of their area within time so that the district planning committee can consider it. He was talking to the members who were making noise that their plans were not considered by the district administration and district administration was taking the stand that they had not submitted their proposals within given date.
In this meeting action taken report on the decisions taken in last meeting was discussed in details. Many members raised objections on the report given by district administration. Most objections were related to the Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojna and the Minister accepted that it needed a thorough enquiry of the entire scheme because the government is spending more than Rs 4000 crore on this scheme.
MLA Barkattha Janki Yadav, MLA Barhi Manoj Kumar Yadav and other members also raised several questions on different government departments and got positive response from the district administration.
During last meeting MLA sadar Manish Jaiswal has raised questions on the working style of sadar hospital Hazaribagh, in this meeting the district administration and civil surgeon looked vigilant on his objections and were ready with their answers and positive responses. In this meeting other members raised the problems of drinking water, electricity, sanitation etc. in their area and inquired about the steps taken yet by the district administration on their quarries put during last meeting. The district administration tried its best to satisfy everyone with its replies and presenting the future developmental plans for their areas.
- First meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas held at CM residence 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Massive rebel camp destroyed in W Singhbhum 24 Apr 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- DC DC MDM meal: headmastersuspended 24 Apr 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- 2 killed in road mishap in Gandhinagar 24 Apr 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Five held for illegal mining 24 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Garhwa SP launches safety drive 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- LED campaign vehicle flagged off in Bokaro 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MP Govt clears Rs 3,250 cr for dist roads construction 24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Man gets lifer for killing aunt 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mishra new Nalco Dir (Com) 24 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar