- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
Punjab Govt to amend law to enable hotels serve liquor
In a major decision to help the hotels, restaurants and clubs affected by the Supreme Court order of serving liquor within 500 metres of the highway, Punjab Government on Monday gave its nod to a proposal to amend Section 26-A of the Punjab Excise Act, 1914, for fixing the location of liquor vends on national and State highways.
The amendment, once passed, would lift restrictions on hotels, restaurants and clubs from serving liquor within 500 meters of highways, a State Government spokesman said here after a meeting of the Council of Ministers.
“By amending Section 26-A of Punjab Excise Act, 1914, all ambiguities for serving of liquor at hotels, restaurants and clubs would be removed by adding provisions whereby it is cleared that no retail vend would be opened within 500 metres of the National and State Highways, but these restrictions shall not apply to hotels, restaurants and clubs situated on the National and State Highways.
“The CoM (Council of Ministers) gave a go-ahead to the draft amendment Bill, 2017, in this regard, to be tabled during the current budget session for enactment,” the spokesman, quoting the decision of the Council, said.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh chaired the meeting.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow