- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Punjab Govt to amend law to enable hotels serve liquor
In a major decision to help the hotels, restaurants and clubs affected by the Supreme Court order of serving liquor within 500 metres of the highway, Punjab Government on Monday gave its nod to a proposal to amend Section 26-A of the Punjab Excise Act, 1914, for fixing the location of liquor vends on national and State highways.
The amendment, once passed, would lift restrictions on hotels, restaurants and clubs from serving liquor within 500 meters of highways, a State Government spokesman said here after a meeting of the Council of Ministers.
“By amending Section 26-A of Punjab Excise Act, 1914, all ambiguities for serving of liquor at hotels, restaurants and clubs would be removed by adding provisions whereby it is cleared that no retail vend would be opened within 500 metres of the National and State Highways, but these restrictions shall not apply to hotels, restaurants and clubs situated on the National and State Highways.
“The CoM (Council of Ministers) gave a go-ahead to the draft amendment Bill, 2017, in this regard, to be tabled during the current budget session for enactment,” the spokesman, quoting the decision of the Council, said.
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh chaired the meeting.
- Sexual assault of 16-yr-old girl: Police nab miscreant 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- JNAU signs pact with Chiba University of Japan 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Advancing development of library practitioners 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Medical workshop to be organised today at AIIMS 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 25 Nov 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Dengue deaths rising: Civic body blamed for poor sanitation 25 Nov 2017 | Pioneer News Service | in Bhopal
- Work will be given to SHGs 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Famous artist from Gujarat displays art at Bharat Bhavan 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Valuables worth Rs 1.5 lakh burgled from Ratan Colony 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Play staged at State Tribal Museum 25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal