Race for CS and DGP posr sparks off
After the change of guard in Uttar Pradesh, the race for two top posts – Chief Secretary and Director General of Police – has hotted up. While Rajeev Kumar-1, an IAS officer of 1981 batch, is the front runner for the Chief Secretary’s post, 1984 batch IPS officer Rajni Kant Mishra seems to be slightly ahead of the other incumbents. Both officers are presently on Central Deputation.
“Rajeev Kumar-1 is presently posted as Secretary Shipping in the Government of India while Rajni Kant Mishra is the ADG of Border Security Force (BSF). These two seem to be the first choice of new Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath,” claimed a senior officer in Lucknow on Monday.
Both Kumar and Mishra have been close to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and they also had the full support of Principal Secretary and UP cadre IAS officer Nipendra Mishra. Mishra is closely monitoring the change at administrative level on behalf the of PMO.
Sources also claimed that the two officers have been briefed of their new assignments and they were likely to be relieved in the next two days. Kumar will retire in June 2018 while Mishra is to retire on August 2019.
If their postings come through, Rajeev Kumar will supercede two IAS officers posted in UP - Shailesh Krishna and Pradeep Shukla (Arrested in NRHM Scam). On the other hand, Mishra will supercede four officers senior to him – Sulkhan Singh (DG Training), Praveen Singh (DG Fire Services), Surya Kumar Shukla (DG Prosecution and Police Recruitment and Promotional Board) and Gopal Gupta (DG, Railways).
Interestingly, another UP Cadre IPS officer and DG (CISF) OP Singh has also been trying to return to his home cadre as the new DGP.
However for OP Singh and Praveen Singh, their proximity to Union Home minister Rajnath Singh, might hinder their chnaces to bag the top cop’s post. Both officers are senior to Mishra. Besides, DG, Narcotics Control Bureau in New Delhi, RR Bhatnagar is also senior to Mishra.
Another officer on Central deputation, whose name has been doing the rounds as new Chief Secretary is Devendra Chaudhary - a 1981 batch officer, presently posted as Secretary, Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances in Government of India.
Officers posted in UP are now lobbying for the top administrative posts are Sanjay Agarwal (1982 batch), Deepak Singhal (1982), Sadakant (1983), Shambhu Nath Shukla (1984) etc. While Deepak Singhal remained Chief Secretary in Akhilesh Yadav’s regime before his unceremonious exit, Sadakant is facing corruption charges which will probably hinder his chances.
- Crorepati bank assistant in Vig net 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Six-month old elephant calf dies in pond 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CSIR-IIP marks 59th Foundation Day 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Lok Adalat settles 356 cases in B‚Äôpur 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 1902 jail to turn into museum 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Pedestrians pose hindrance to traffic here 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Rourkela tagged under UDAN scheme 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paramour behind murder of Neha Yadav 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Handloom saree drive in city a big draw 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IISWC pen-down, tool down strike continues 25 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun