- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- GB Pant University teachers’ protest enters 8th day 25 Aug 2016 | S K Srivastav | in Dehradun
- AICC to hold big rally in Deoria 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Upper house proceeding disrupted 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP spreading anarchy claims SP 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khan claims media reports as lie 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP created ruckus in vidhan Sabha 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State to have second agri varsity soon: Min 25 Aug 2016 | SEFALI SUMAN | in Bhubaneswar
- CM wants OCS exams completed in 10 months 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI grills OCA chief coordinator 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Violence hits colleges ahead of student polls 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Making Surya Namaskar compulsory in schools is a way to promote Hindutva as the origin of Surya Namaskar lies in Hindu God Surya.
In an age and time, when everybody wants to impress and dazzle, I seek to touch, move, connect (with the TV show Naamkaran).
It was my dream to win an Olympic medal and I worked really hard for that. Now that I have won it, it seems as if I am living my dream.