- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Left draw mega campaign strategy for UP poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP release first list of 191 candidates for Assembly poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC issues notification for second phase polling 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD to fight alone: declare list of 8 candidates 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Both SP-Cong flexing muscles to capture more seats 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ramdas Athawale announce to contest for 200 seats 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP identifies 40 leaders as star campaigner for Assembly poll 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Haryana to empower Panchayati Raj institutions 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions continues in most parts of Punjab, Haryana 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana issue guidelines on bogus institutions 21 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.