- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Employees, farmers resort to civil disobedience 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Violence in hosps: Is it just part of docs’ job? 06 Oct 2015 | SUNDEEP MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- My women characters never admit defeat 06 Oct 2015 | SUGYAN CHOUDHURY | in Bhubaneswar
- Five-day Durga puja in Cuttack from Oct 20 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Puri civic body staffs call off stir 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pay Rs3K, get your child’s age lowered 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong demands whitepaper on drought 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SP urges CM to check price rise 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Displaced farmers stage stir at Kujang 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Employees oppose Centre’s insurance Bill 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
06 Oct 2015 | PNS | NAYAGARH
Demanding payment of arrears and reopening of the Nayagarh Sugar Mill, employees of the mill and members of the Akhu Chasi Mahasangh and Krushak Sangh under the banner of the Nayagarh Chinikala Banchao Kriyanusthana Committee resorted to civil disobedience in front of the Nayagarh Collectorate here on Monday. The agitators also locked up the main gate of the Collector office...
There is clear evidence where all the Taliban leadership is based. It is in Pakistan. Who is helping them, coaching them?
They that possess the skills to be within notes and sounds independent of any other input, are the blessed. We are not.
Israel is waging a fight to the death against Palestinian terror. This includes speeded-up demolition of terrorists' homes.