- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
- Three-day film festival on Kundan Shah from Oct 25 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women of self-help groups earn Rs 200 per day making teddy bears 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 3 people killed in group clash 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Odisha-Jharkhand system changes day-night temp in MP 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police nab accused in flesh trade racket 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Daughters of widow and visually challenged get admission in school 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 23-yr old youth dies in mishap 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bogus names in voters' lists across MP: Cong 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Youth kills himself after money dispute with father 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Furniture gutted in Peergate fire 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal