Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
- River linking proposals are heading nowhere 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 29 Apr 2017 | IANS | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip body adopts State Land Development Policy 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, BJD forms Biju Shramik Sammukhya 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt creates 376 vet doctor posts at a time 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police file chargesheet against Papu Pompom 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Tension in Vani Vihar before Naveen’s visit 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Contemporary Odia short stories on feminism 29 Apr 2017 | SAHADEV SAHOO | in Bhubaneswar
- Youth kills woman, daughter in K’jhar, arrested by police 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP demands goat farmer Parbati’s security 29 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar