- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM briefs Ram Naik on political situation in state 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal expels Akhilesh’s loyalist Pawan Pandey 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Shivpal vacates his official residence 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati denies charges of PM 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- DGP Zaveed Ahmed asks juniors to celebrate diwali with orphans, senior citizens 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Strong reason pushed me to quit: Rita Bahuguna Joshi 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Azam Khan plays as messiah for Muslims 27 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Jungle Safari having unique ‘Mgt Zone’ for wildlife conservation 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Lok Adalats to be held in C’garh from Nov 12 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 139 sand mines in C’garh awaiting environmental clearance 27 Oct 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.