- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Nuclear-armed Pak can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes: A Q Khan
- Large cache of arms, ammunition seized in Rajouri in J-K
- Over 5 cr driving licences bogus; Offenders face one-yr jail
- Attack on African nationals: Swaraj speaks to HM, LG
- Nepal unveils $10 billion budget
- Egypt's army kills 36 militants, defuses 38 bombs in Sinai
- NASA successfully deploys space station's inflatable room
- Robbery case:Dec 16 gangrape convicts move HC against sentence
Congress resents low-level job offers made to slain leaders’ kin
The Congress party has expressed strong reservations over the proposal of appointment made for the next of kin of slain Congress party leaders in the Darbha Ghati attack for Class III and IV positions in the Government, according to a State Congress Party statement issued here on Sunday. The senior leadership of the party particularly State Congress Working President and Union Minister of State for Agriculture Charandas Mahant, Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and State Congress Programme Co-ordinator Bhupesh Baghel while taking strong exception to the proposal had termed it as ‘irresponsible behaviour’ of the ruling Government, it said.
The party has also termed the offer of the Class III and IV Government posts to the dependents of the slain Congress leaders as an insult to the leaders who were killed in the attack. The statement further stated that late State Congress President Nandkumar Patel had been MLA five times and had held the post of Home Minister in both the Government of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh besides being Minister of other key departments. Similarly late Mahendra Karma had been an MP and a Minister besides being Leader of Opposition and late Dinesh Patel was highly educated. The offer of low level Government job is an insult to the martyrs, it stated.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Upset flat buyers gherao Hi-Tech official in city 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists destroy contractor camp in Rayagada district 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD minus Naveen will always remain in my heart as my party’ 29 May 2016 | DEBADAS PRADHAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 54,000 candidates appear for NISER screening test 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reservation in pvt sectors demanded 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Make ECoR the best rly zone: GM 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19,000 km roads, 9L houses to be built in 3 years in State 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Menstrual hygiene a challenging job in India 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in city; two held 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Unauthorised siding: NGT slaps Rs50 lakh on railway 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.