- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Heavy voting in rural areas in third phase of UP Polls 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yadav’s family members cast their vote seperately 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Uma Bharti slams Priyanka’s statement on PM 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Band Party members unable to cast votes due to marriage season 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BSP will form next Govt in state claims Mayawati 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Third phase of UP polling passes peacefully 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- weeklyroundups 20 Feb 2017 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Tainted IAS officer is Debi Mishra’s agent, says BJP 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Vigilance told to expedite assets confiscation 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP warns bureaucrats of action 20 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
The Manipur Chief Minister and the Congress regime know that they would lose the poll. That's why they resorted to the blockade.
The name of the Congress president is decided at the time of birth. Election outcome will see the end of dynastic politics.
It is impossible to get a handle on fanatical and violent groups when you (Pakistan's intelligence agencies) play a double game.