- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Not only farmers, teachers too set to give jolt to Govt 29 Nov 2015 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Kantabanji MLA gets death threat via SMS 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Youths join rally to combat declining rate 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Total prohibition in State demanded 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Only CM can decide on liquor ban, says Rout 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Transgenders face problems despite SC recognition’ 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pay Rs 1 lakh to rape victim: State told 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Baleswar man fakes loot scene to grab Rs 4.20 lakh 29 Nov 2015 | UBACHAK MOHANTY | in Bhubaneswar
- Playwright Gopal Patnaik dies 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Training for diabetes docs from Dec 12 29 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
I don't know why there is so much hype about the pitch. People sitting in other countries are talking of Indian pitches.
Smita Patil was a chameleon. She could be a part of the story without your thinking about it.
Europe cannot accept all the refugees coming from Syria. That's why we need a diplomatic, military and political solution.