- Poll verdict a lesson to Congress for criticising Gujarat model: Adityanath
- When celebrations turned sombre at Congress office
- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
- Police probing from different angles in dead bodies‚Äô case 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PRSI wins award 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Free cataract operation held at Arogyam Hospital 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Workshop on MGNREGA audit organised 18 Dec 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Chakardharpur wins football tournament 18 Dec 2017 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- MGM embarks on cleanliness drive 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lankan Anura Rohana sweeps 16th Tata Open 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jamshedpur Carnival to kick start today 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kobad Ghandy rearrested days after release from bail 18 Dec 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Youths participate in Dehradun Half Marathon in large number 18 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun