- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Maoist held in Dantewada dist 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- SECL to use fixed water sprinkler to manage coal dust 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two IEDs unearthed in Kanker district 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- State Government prepares plans for Rabi season sowing activity 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP to install rain water harvesting system at administrative building 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NRDA seeks people’s ideas to design city’s gates 05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Bhagat ties knot, set to go behind bars 05 Oct 2015 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Food Security Act: Grains distribution to begin on Oct 11 05 Oct 2015 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Palamu Tiger Reserve starts tourists bus 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Kharkai bridge to be repaired before Durga Puja 05 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
05 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Dantewada
A 36-year-old Maoist allegedly involved in an attack on Congress party’s convoy during the ‘Parivartan Yatra’ held on May 25, 2013 at Jheeram valley of Sukma district was arrested by joint squad of Special Task Force (STF) and District Force (DF) in insurgency-hit Dantewada district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday. “Acting on a tip-off, security personnel have arrested the Naxal from restive Chikanpal Patelpara village falling under limits of Katekalyan...
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is discriminating against Opposition Chief Ministers and the States ruled by them.
It was great working with superstar Sylvester Stallone. As an actor, would be greedy and want that opportunity again.
Neither Hindus nor Muslims benefitted from the Dadri killing. Only political parties and politicians are benefitting.