- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Gram Sansad held in 12,464 panchayats 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 28-yr-old shot at by in-laws 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘Bidi workers, dependents treated at labourers' hospitals for free’ 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Labour Day: CPI, THMS take out procession 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Gaur: Labourers are not servants, but nation-builders 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM to lay bridge’s foundation stone 02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Punjab Congress alleges increase in Dalit atrocities under SAD-BJP 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM launches Rajeev Gandhi Digital Vidyarthi Yojna 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Prepare roadmap for filling up vacancies, Virbhadra tells HPSEBL 02 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.