- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM expands cabinet for eighth time 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Opposition slams re-induction of Prajapati 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Not afraid of RSS and BJP says Rahul Gandhi 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul criticises PM over not meeting farmers directly 27 Sep 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Kairana Exodus to become Poll issue 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP plans backward caste sammelans in the state 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ECI scans the poll preparations in the State 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh Yadav is the future of SP: Ram Gopal Yadav 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State’s loan burden rises to Rs54K crore 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man killed over past enmity, extortion in Puri 27 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Those who think they can keep Pakistan together by attacking other cultures with jihadist extremism, should visit Dhaka.
The Hindu community has made fantastic contributions to world civilisation and to American culture.
If it wasn't for Arnold Palmer, golf wouldn't be as popular as it is now. He was the one who brought it to the forefront.