- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Cong team visits C’garh for field study 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Utkal girls protest water, power problems in hostels 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `2 crore to Puri Daitas: Compensation or bribe? 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- inbrief 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- `60L bonanza for 6 Rio sportswomen 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD stages demos against ex-Cong MP at four places 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Surat investors protest before Delhi Odisha Bhavan 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reengineering of public services stressed 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NRHC asks OHRC for ATR on casting couch 27 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maladies as policies not converted into realities 27 Jul 2016 | JAYANT DAS | in Bhubaneswar
I want to appeal to the Bishnoi community, don't lose your heart. You have been fighting for the protection of wildlife and forest for age and will continue to do that.
I am not looking for a future in politics. I am an artist and I am not here to win an election. My stories speak what I want to say.
Hillary Clinton believes, US is a country where people of all backgrounds can make a home. But that America isn't possible if we allow Trump to build a wall that divides us.