BJP: Mahant is responsible for reservation cut
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday bounced back on Congress chief Charan Das Mahant for ‘making false allegation’ on the reservation issue and said it was Mahant himself who was responsible for the reservation cut for the scheduled caste in the State.
The party expressed surprise over the statement made by Mahant that the Congress has no role in the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community.
BJP legislators Punnulal Mohle and Ramji Bharti said the Congress has been doing its politics on the basis of caste and has been attempting to provoke and misguide the people of scheduled caste community by saying that the Government has cut down reservation for Scheduled caste community to 12 per cent from 16 per cent. In this connection, Chief Minister Raman Singh had clearly said since Mahant is the only central minister from the state and he should persuade the central Government to increase the reservation for scheduled caste people in Government jobs.
He also had said the State Government will not hesitate to implement it in the State immediately, if the Central Government increases the reservation percentage. “Unfortunately Mahant has not yet made any initiative in this regard”, the BJP leaders said. Mohle and Bharti also highlighted various welfare and developmental activities the BJP Government has taken for the welfare of the people of scheduled caste community in the State. They said the State Government has provided 15 per cent reservation to scheduled caste students in tribal youth hostels.
Chhattisgarh Congress chief and Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Food Processing Charan Das on Tuesday said that his party was not linked to the Utthan Yatra launched by people of scheduled caste community. He had said that the Yatra was the spontaneous anger of the people against the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party Government in the State which has been repeatedly not taking care of their interest.
- 17-yr-old delivers child on road 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Centre acts fast to finish North Koel project 23 Aug 2017 | SANTOSH NARAYAN | in Ranchi
- Traffic police issues 1,236 commuters e-challan 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Operation to shift hawkers from Hazira Square starts 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 86.18 lakh soil health cards distributed 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Vacant posts of Tahsildars to be filled on contractual basis 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Satpal Maharaj visits IISWC 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- House of NGO manager at Sarvajan Colony burgled 23 Aug 2017 | SR | in Bhopal
- Delegation of differently-abled people meets BJP State president 23 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teacher‚Äôs training prog held for science teachers of MP Govt schools 23 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal