- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
CBI files charge sheet against IAS officer for bribery
The CBI on Thursday filed a charge sheet against suspended Principal Secretary in Chhattisgarh Government B L Agrawal and three others before a special court here in an alleged bribery case, informed CBI Spokesman here.
The agency filed the final report before special judge Virender Kumar Goyal against the accused Agrawal, his relative Anand Agrawal, alleged middleman Bhagwan Singh and Burhanuddin who had claimed that he was working in the Prime Minister’s Office, said CBI Spokesperson R K Gaur said.
The court fixed April 24 for the consideration of the charge sheet, he said.
All four accused persons are currently in judicial custody, Gaur added.
The agency has alleged that Agrawal, a 1988 batch IAS officer, wanted to ‘settle’ an ongoing CBI probe against him, he said.
According to Gaur, the officer was facing investigation in two cases registered in 2010 when he was Health Secretary in the Chhattisgarh government.
He has been charge sheeted in one case, while the probe is going on in the other.
The agency has alleged that the officer had allegedly approached Bhagwan Singh, a resident of Noida, who took him to one Syed Burhanuddin to get a graft case ‘settled’, he informed.
Burhanuddin, who has many aliases, claimed that he was working in the PMO and would help him settle the case in his favour. Burhanuddin aka OP Singh aka OP Sharma demanded Rs 1.5 crore as illegal gratification for his services, the CBI FIR alleged.
At a meeting held between the trio on February 11, Agrawal agreed to pay the amount to get relief in the cases against him, it alleged, adding that Agrawal sent Rs 60 lakh in four installments to Bhagwan Singh using hawala channel, Gaur added.
He expressed inability to arrange cash for the remaining payment, following which Burhanuddin and Singh agreed to accept two kgs of gold as illegal gratification, the FIR alleged.
The agency has registered a case of criminal conspiracy and under Prevention of Corruption Act against Agrawal, Singh and others, the CBI official further said.
- Women power to rule lower judiciary in Jharkhand 19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | in Ranchi
- 300 policemen on toes to ensure peaceful Diwali 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali celebration with underprivileged kids 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Teachers gear up for union polls 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Diwali: Additional forces deployed 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- State Govt gives Diwali gift to GCE Hospital 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Modi to inaugurate projects: Bhatt 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- City gears up for Diwali celebration 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Security upped for PM‚Äôs Oct 20 visit 19 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun