CHiPS integrating real-time pollution data received from industries
The Chhattisgarh Infotech Promotion Society (CHiPS) is integrating pollution data from industries for more effective monitoring of environment complains by various units in the State.
It is going for integration Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring System ( CAAQMS), CEMS Continuous Emission Monitoring System (CEMS), Effluent Quality Monitoring System (EQMS) data collected real-time from industrial units, officials informed.
Notably, Chhattisgarh is among 16 other states in the country which had implemented advanced automated solutions to deal with environmental and pollution related applications and approvals, the Central Government had informed earlier.
These solutions provide hassle free, 24 X 7 ‘e-access’ to businesses to apply online, track applications, file returns and statements and get online permissions under various Acts and regulations.
The States include — Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, West Bengal.
Online pollution monitoring systems have been installed in 17 types of industries totalling 45 units which are located near Raipur city in August last year.
This was information by provided by Chhattisgarh Environment Conservation Board (CECB) officials to Chief Secretary Vivek Dhand who chaired a meeting at the Mantralaya for reviewing pollution control measures taken in and around Raipur city.
In the meeting, Chief Secretary issued directives to begin implementation of the government subsidy scheme for conversion of diesel auto-rickshaws into CNG operated ones soon, so as to promote use of clean fuel.
Decision to launch a helpline number for lodging complaints regarding violation of noise/air pollution standards has also been taken, officials informed.
The officials concerned were also directed to inspect private hospitals and take necessary action for safe disposal of bio-medical waste.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal