- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- BJD against BJD in Joda, Keonjhar civic bodies 25 Nov 2015 | MALAY MOHAPATRA | in Ranchi
- Stone laid for Jagannath shrine in Bangalore 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 15 squads to prevent poaching in B’kanika 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- FPI pays rich tributes to ex-CM Choudhury 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nuke-capable Dhanush missle test-fired 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ICAR holds talks on farm sector growth 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Himachal gets Best Inland Fisherman-Reservoir Award 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Smart City Bhubaneswar needs to be safe for women 25 Nov 2015 | MAYARANI PRAHARAJ | in Bhubaneswar
- Climate change panel okays three projects in Haryana 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- B’pur Manch observes Nabakrushna birthday 25 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
What Aamir Khan, one of the most respected actors, said in the presence of many senior BJP people, is what the whole world is saying.
There’s no support currently for a large US-led Western Army to attempt to conquer and hold ISIL-controlled areas.
Our Constitution guarantees freedom of expression and Aamir Khan, like any citizen, is entitled to his personal opinion.