- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Odisha Investors’ Meet in Mumbai on Feb 14 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Illegal mining’ by GMR: NGT seeks report from State Govt 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IT raids on two chartered accountants 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Slow EAP fund release hits projects in Odisha 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Bay of Bengal Coastal Observatory at Ganjam soon, says Naveen 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Abducted girl rescued, couple arrested in city 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Teachers worship Saraswati at Lower PMG 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mohapatra demands RDC probe be public 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Utkal Bharat condemns Marandi’s ostracisation 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Ensure proper NFSA execution: Paswan told 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
Prime Minister Modi can advance the interest of the people of India by working effectively with President Obama.
I’m endorsing Marco Rubio to be our next president. We have got to turn the page on the Obama Administration.
Whatever is conjecture (about Netaji Bose) is not of consequence to me. What is of consequence is that he was fighting for India’s freedom.