- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- AgustaWestland deal: CBI questions ex IAF chief Tyagi again
- PM asks BJP MPs to highlight govt's achievements
- I haven't done anything wrong: Pratyusha's boyfriend
- US asks Pak to make full payment for F-16, no subsidy
- Pakistan slams Trump's remarks about release of CIA-doctor
- Diesel taxi drivers bring traffic at standstill
- SC asks AG about feasibility of holding floor test in U'khand
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Congress illustrated Rahul’s Poster 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maya slams Modi 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khan comes to the rescue for cong 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rai released from Fatehgarh jail 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP to celebrate its two years success with villagers 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State set for two assembly by-polls on may 16 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State to offer extended help to investors 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amarinder cautions NRIs against supporting AAP 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Science cluster soon in Haryana 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Nine ROBs sanctioned by rlys in Haryana 03 May 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
People of Goa will show the BJP Government its place if it continues with its support through grants to a non-regional language.
Doing a comedy is a bit different for the girls. Nobody expects girls to do something smart, or give one-liners in a film.
Nawaz Sharif, you will go to jail this time if you are proved guilty in corruption (following revelations in the Panama papers' leak)!