- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM sacks Shivpal Yadav from state cabinet 24 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Mulayam expelled Ramgopal for six years 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP asks Akihilesh to prove majority 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Will be with CM in ‘Dharamyudh’ against political dalals: Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Naresh Agarwal regrets expulsion of Ramgopal 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Govt to present Yash Bharti awards on October 27 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Inferno’ haze hitting Brand Odisha, forces CM’s hand 24 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP to gherao B’swar DM office tomorrow 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 youths held for molesting college girl in Jajpur 24 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Gurubari: Penury was versatile dancer’s permanent ally 24 Oct 2016 | NIMAI CHARAN SAHU | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
I shared the film industry's emotions regarding the entire (terrorism) issue. We are Indians first, then comes our business.
People remember me for Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander. Now I have a lot of other exciting things to, like the ‘Happy Soul’ workshop.
We had terrific discussions with India in Kigali, and got a very aggressive amendment. India's participation got us there.