- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- All 110 ULBs included in AWAS Yojana 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2nd cutoffs for Plus II admission out 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sanskrit University denies Contract Lecturers interview 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Gram Nyayalayas can render wonderful job’ 26 Jun 2016 | SEFALI SUMAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 4 foreigners held for using satellite phone 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Puri cop held accepting Rs1,000 bribe 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rourkela Smart City projects get final shape 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 40% Odisha kids use inhalants, 15% heroin 26 Jun 2016 | MAYARANI PRAHARAJ | in Bhubaneswar
- SP calls off merger with QED 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No place of criminal in SP: CM 26 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
We don’t know why India showed its desperation and allowed the country to be equated with Pakistan on the issue of NSG membership.
I am actually dying to get married and have been waiting for the other party to agree. Men have no say... It's the women who decide it all.
Brexit will provide the country better market access to the EU and England, even as there will be some market volatility for now.