- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Bunds save erosion-prone hillock 07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada HIV-hit widow yet to get IAY house 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- R’gada CRPF Swachchh drive shows the way 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nurse suspended for ‘killing’ pregnant woman at Baripada 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parala MLA to stage fast on October 13 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Declassify files on Subhas, Jayaprakash, PM urged 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’swar NH normal as truckers call off stir 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Child theft rumour: Five beaten cruelly in J’suguda 07 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman’s body found at JSpur rail line 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for RDC branch at Jeypore mounts 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
A lush green hillock, where fast soil erosion was posing a threat to its very existence, was given a fresh leash of life, thanks to nearly a dozen of stone bunds raised at the vulnerable points near the foothill in Dhenkanal district. The hillock in the Dhenkanal-Keonjhar border along Garhpalasuni-Pangatira road under Mahabiroad forest range would have perished within a few years like any other of its ilk in the vicinity...
We need to rise above these kinds of incidents (Dadri lynching) because they don't give a good name to the country.
Every superstar has some insecurity. That is why a superstar is in search of new subjects. Insecurity is everywhere.
We are keeping an eye on hate-mongers. They orchestrated riots in Muzaffarnagar and are trying it in other parts of the State.