- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Sharif condemns Indian aggression along LoC
- Army conducts surgical strikes on terror camps across LoC
- Pakistan rejects India's claim of "surgical strikes" across LoC.
- Modi chairs CCS meeting on LoC situation
- US Security Advisor calls Doval, condemns Uri terror attack
- Review meeting on MFN postponed
- Pakistan again violates ceasefire along LoC
CM to sanction Rs 155 cr works of four development authorities today
Before the implementation of the election model code of conduct, to give sanction to the Rs 155 crore works provisioned in the budget, chief minister Dr Raman Singh will hold marathon meeting of the four development authorities on Thursday.
The chief minister wants that the process of works, amount for which has been provisioned in the budget, should be started soon in the four development authorities of Bastar, Surguja, Scheduled Caste and Rural Development authorities. Sanction for development works is being given through these authorities. Later, tenders are invited for these works from different districts.
As the election is at door, preparations are on to give sanction for works for the whole year at one go. MLA of the area is the member of these authorities. On his recommendation and demand only provisions are made in the budget.
The chief minister will hold the meeting of Bastar development authority first at 4.30 pm. In this meeting works related to the districts of Bastar division will be reviewed and then sanction would be accorded for new works.
The meeting of Surguja Development Authority will start at 5.15 pm, Scheduled Caste Development Authority meeting at 6 and then the meeting of Rural Area Development Authority. In these meetings, development works of general areas will be sanctioned.
Besides vice-chairmen, MLAs of the area concerned were also invited for the meetings. Total Rs 155 crore works will be sanctioned for the four development authorities.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Pranab inaugurates renovated Rashtrapati Ashiana 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Dehradun
- No malnutrition kid death last year, says Minister 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nandankan to house yellow anacondas 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sikshya Sahayaks’ stir enters 4th day 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD Polavaram hartal in S Odisha on Oct 1 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Gram Rozgar Sevaks demand job regularisation 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State Excise Rev increases by 26% 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lack of infra, staffs; no UGC aid to Culture University 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ECoR introduces 7 new trains 29 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Lyngdo’ must in campuses; Let Govt rise to occasion 29 Sep 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
We are artistes and will talk about love and peace. But the Government has to take decisions on whom to allow to work here.
Children who grow up in the film industry are more stable. One who comes from outside does one film, and goes mad.
I will always be grateful I was able to call Shimon (Peres) my friend. He was a soldier for Israel, for the Jewish people, for justice, for peace.