- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Dates of polls declared public holidays
In view of the elections to the State Assembly, the Chhattisgarh Government on Saturday declared the dates of election as public holidays in the concerned constituency area.
A notification in this regard has already been issued by the general administration department of the Government, an official said.
According to him, the election commission on October 4 declared the dates for election in the State. According to the notification, the election will be held in the State in two phases on November 11 and November 19.
18 Assembly constituencies in Rajnandgaon district and Bastar region will go to poll on November 11. Similarly elections would be held in 71 constituencies in 19 districts on November 19. The Government has declared the dates of election as public holiday in the concerned constituencies to enable people to exercise their franchise.
All the Government offices, organisations, undertakings, corporations, boards, statutory and local bodies, educational Institutions, etc
situated within the constituency area shall remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his or her right of franchise in the election.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Odisha Investors’ Meet in Mumbai on Feb 14 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Illegal mining’ by GMR: NGT seeks report from State Govt 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- IT raids on two chartered accountants 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Slow EAP fund release hits projects in Odisha 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Bay of Bengal Coastal Observatory at Ganjam soon, says Naveen 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Abducted girl rescued, couple arrested in city 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Teachers worship Saraswati at Lower PMG 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Mohapatra demands RDC probe be public 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Utkal Bharat condemns Marandi’s ostracisation 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Ensure proper NFSA execution: Paswan told 13 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
If anyone tries to raise questions on the country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken.
I don’t have a type; I think older would be good for me. They are more chilled and you don’t get the games.
Songs today have a very short shelf-life. When music becomes mechanical, that doesn’t work. It has to be a creative process.