- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Dates of polls declared public holidays
In view of the elections to the State Assembly, the Chhattisgarh Government on Saturday declared the dates of election as public holidays in the concerned constituency area.
A notification in this regard has already been issued by the general administration department of the Government, an official said.
According to him, the election commission on October 4 declared the dates for election in the State. According to the notification, the election will be held in the State in two phases on November 11 and November 19.
18 Assembly constituencies in Rajnandgaon district and Bastar region will go to poll on November 11. Similarly elections would be held in 71 constituencies in 19 districts on November 19. The Government has declared the dates of election as public holiday in the concerned constituencies to enable people to exercise their franchise.
All the Government offices, organisations, undertakings, corporations, boards, statutory and local bodies, educational Institutions, etc
situated within the constituency area shall remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his or her right of franchise in the election.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- GB Pant University teachers’ protest enters 8th day 25 Aug 2016 | S K Srivastav | in Dehradun
- AICC to hold big rally in Deoria 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Upper house proceeding disrupted 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP spreading anarchy claims SP 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khan claims media reports as lie 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP created ruckus in vidhan Sabha 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State to have second agri varsity soon: Min 25 Aug 2016 | SEFALI SUMAN | in Bhubaneswar
- CM wants OCS exams completed in 10 months 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI grills OCA chief coordinator 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Violence hits colleges ahead of student polls 25 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Making Surya Namaskar compulsory in schools is a way to promote Hindutva as the origin of Surya Namaskar lies in Hindu God Surya.
In an age and time, when everybody wants to impress and dazzle, I seek to touch, move, connect (with the TV show Naamkaran).
It was my dream to win an Olympic medal and I worked really hard for that. Now that I have won it, it seems as if I am living my dream.