- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Rajiv assassination: States can't grant remission without Centre's concurrence: SC
- Modi showed "huge tolerance" by shaking hands with Sharif:Sena
- Zuckerberg & wife to donate 99% of Facebook shares to charity
- Counting of votes begins for Gujarat local bodies polls
- Rain fury: Airport shut, Army assisting in rescue operations
Dates of polls declared public holidays
In view of the elections to the State Assembly, the Chhattisgarh Government on Saturday declared the dates of election as public holidays in the concerned constituency area.
A notification in this regard has already been issued by the general administration department of the Government, an official said.
According to him, the election commission on October 4 declared the dates for election in the State. According to the notification, the election will be held in the State in two phases on November 11 and November 19.
18 Assembly constituencies in Rajnandgaon district and Bastar region will go to poll on November 11. Similarly elections would be held in 71 constituencies in 19 districts on November 19. The Government has declared the dates of election as public holiday in the concerned constituencies to enable people to exercise their franchise.
All the Government offices, organisations, undertakings, corporations, boards, statutory and local bodies, educational Institutions, etc
situated within the constituency area shall remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his or her right of franchise in the election.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- State to appoint 35k safai karamcharies 02 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Thakur files petition agst prajapati 02 Dec 2015 | pns | in Lucknow
- Dalit employees calls up rally on dec 7 02 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Sp to take a call on GST 02 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- 73% turnout in second phase panchayat polls 02 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Wild animals in Jungle Safari by Jan ’16 02 Dec 2015 | Sandeep Pradhan | in Raipur
- Funds for ‘Pilot Solar City’ only if equal amount contributed: Centre 02 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- World Hockey Federation chief calls on Raman 02 Dec 2015 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM: Can make any sacrifice for peace in Punjab 02 Dec 2015 | Manan Saini | in Chandigarh
- Sadbhavna Rallies: BJP lauds Badal’s initiative 02 Dec 2015 | PNS | in Chandigarh
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
If you ask Syrians, they will tell you they don't want a peace conference in France, because France supports terrorism and war.
I don't really regret anything that I've done. I've learnt from everything, and everything leads you to the next place.
I will try to perform to the best of my ability. If the BJP finds fault in my performance, it has every right to do so.