- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Dates of polls declared public holidays
In view of the elections to the State Assembly, the Chhattisgarh Government on Saturday declared the dates of election as public holidays in the concerned constituency area.
A notification in this regard has already been issued by the general administration department of the Government, an official said.
According to him, the election commission on October 4 declared the dates for election in the State. According to the notification, the election will be held in the State in two phases on November 11 and November 19.
18 Assembly constituencies in Rajnandgaon district and Bastar region will go to poll on November 11. Similarly elections would be held in 71 constituencies in 19 districts on November 19. The Government has declared the dates of election as public holiday in the concerned constituencies to enable people to exercise their franchise.
All the Government offices, organisations, undertakings, corporations, boards, statutory and local bodies, educational Institutions, etc
situated within the constituency area shall remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his or her right of franchise in the election.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM asks supporters to keep off from SP first family’s dispute 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP calls organisation and state executive meeting 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Raj Babbar says Joshi’s exit would not hamper state Assembly polls 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya asked CM to remove his pictures from ration card 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Brothers brutally battered to death last night 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman warns officials of Saharanpur Administration 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Paradip Fishing Harbour to be modernized 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No fire safety in J’suguda DHH, dozen of pvt hosps 21 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- No B’ngir hosp has fire safety clearance 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Unlike Hillary Clinton, who's gotten very rich being a politician, peddling American influence, my father (Donald Trump) hasn't.
We are not entertainers. Classical musicians are not entertainers. We take the legacy of classical music forward.
Having Guru Dutt as a cousin, was a great advantage. It was a kind of goal. Because he was a film director, I could also be one.