- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Dates of polls declared public holidays
In view of the elections to the State Assembly, the Chhattisgarh Government on Saturday declared the dates of election as public holidays in the concerned constituency area.
A notification in this regard has already been issued by the general administration department of the Government, an official said.
According to him, the election commission on October 4 declared the dates for election in the State. According to the notification, the election will be held in the State in two phases on November 11 and November 19.
18 Assembly constituencies in Rajnandgaon district and Bastar region will go to poll on November 11. Similarly elections would be held in 71 constituencies in 19 districts on November 19. The Government has declared the dates of election as public holiday in the concerned constituencies to enable people to exercise their franchise.
All the Government offices, organisations, undertakings, corporations, boards, statutory and local bodies, educational Institutions, etc
situated within the constituency area shall remain closed on the respective dates so that every employee is able to exercise his or her right of franchise in the election.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Samajwadi Party, Congress announces alliance for UP Assembly polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh releases party manifesto for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP manifesto release: Mulayam, Shivpal skips event 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati attacks Akhilesh on SP election manifesto 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP election manifesto is a bundle of lies: Maurya 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP releases list of 155 candidates for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD releases third list of candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP releases list of 77 candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre seeks Odisha support 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talks on electro homoeopathy held 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.