Disabled persons must take initiative to bring changes: Deepa Malik
India has potential to produce highest numbers of Para-athletes in the world provided there would be some facilities including sports stadium for disabled persons in every city. Above all, disabled persons must take initiative to bring the changes” said Deepa Malik, a well-recognised name in the field of disability sports.
Malik said that despite of all the odds, she managed to create her identity on international platform because she did not blame anyone and instead took an initiative to change her life.
“I started my career in sports at the age of 36 when many of the sports’ players retire. When I got paralysis attack, people started saying that my life would end in a room but I took initiative to change my destiny” she proudly expressed.
An Arjuna Award winner, Malik is the first and only Indian swimmer, biker, Car Rallyist and athlete in her category of paraplegic disability.“I also urge the Government to take appropriate steps for uplift of disabled persons” she added.
Malik was invited here by Young Indians (Raipur Chapter) to deliver a Motivational lecture based on her life, “Story of a Champion – Will on Wheels”.
In spite of being paralysed chest down, three tumour surgeries and 183 stitches between shoulder blades and a life on a wheelchair for the past 14 years that has not stopped the 44 year-old from taking up challenges.
She has won numerous accolades and recognition for her participation in various adventure sports including four Limca world records, current Asia Record Holder, Person of the year, CavinKare National Ability Mastery Award and many more.
Deepa has also been a regular motivational and inspirational speaker and has given several lectures and been a part of number of educational conclaves & MNCs across India impacting thousands of people, especially the youth that have benefited by her thoughts on positive attitude, hard work & commitment, power of perseverance and so on.
- Youth kills himself after money dispute with father 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Furniture gutted in Peergate fire 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP Govt to award singing maestros 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Month-long theatre workshop to be held at srijan bhavan 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BHEL Bhopal bags best productive unit of the year award 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- #MeToo: New internet buzz in Bhopal 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MP livelihood mission empowers women 21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PTR officials gift tourists on Diwali 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teen boy killed at Bagbera, 1 held 21 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi