Encroachment reported at seven ASI-protected sites
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) has protected 47 monuments/sites in Chhattisgarh and out of which encroachment at seven monuments/sites has been reported upon, the Central Government has informed.
The action has been initiated by ASI as per the Section 19 (2) of Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Sites and Remains (AMASR) Act 1958 (amended thereon in 2010) and Rules 38 (2) of AMASR Rule 1959 by issuing show cause notices and demolition notices, it informed.
Assistance of State enforcement authorities and employment of security personnel at the site have also been adopted. Further, the courts of law have also been approached in few cases for removal of encroachment.
The Union Ministry of Culture had allocated Rs 2.80 crore to the Raipur circle of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) for conservation of protected monuments in Chhattisgarh during 2016-17, officials informed.
The conservation work of the protected monuments including temples and forts is a continuous process wherein the essential repair work of them is attended regularly as per availability of resources, they informed
Due to regular care, the protected monuments are in a good state of preservation and not in dilapidated condition, officials informed.
The contributions can be made for deposit of funds under the National Cultural Fund (NCF) which are utilised for conservation of protected monuments. The donor can select the monument as per his choice and contributions under the NCF are tax free, officials informed. The protection and conservation of monuments is under the Concurrent List wherein State Governments can also formulate requisite laws, they stated.
- State in dilemma over SC orders on Padmaavat release 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Social isolation, growing epidemic today, say experts 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM inaugurates kill-waste machine 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Human trafficker taken on police remand 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BHEL bags order for setting up thermal power project 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- One dies, six injured in separate road accidents 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- FRI scientist feted with‚ÄúAdarsh Vidya Saraswati Rashtriya Puraskar‚ÄĚ 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Cops arrest one in case of broad-day light murder within the Roorkee court premises 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Two police stations,one reporting police post set up 19 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun