Internal security of State in danger: Cong
The Congress party has charged that the ruling BJP government in the State has failed to control Naxalism in the state.
In a joint statement , Chhattisgarh Pradesh Congress Committee (CGPCC) Chief Bhupesh Baghel and Leader of Opposition, T.S. Singhdeo had said that because of wrong policies of the Government, the internal security of the State is in danger.
Commenting on the Maoist attack of Tuesday, the leader duo said the lack of will power in the leadership, failure of intelligence and shortage of required resources with the security forces were the reasons behind increasing Maoist violence.
Since 2005, a total of 1928 CRPF troopers were martyred in the country fighting against Maoism and half of them attained the martyrdom in Chhattisgarh, they said.
Only 14 districts of Chhattisgarh among 64 all over country are Naxal infested but violence is in alarming proportions in Chhattisgarh, they said.
The intelligence system fails every time and there is lack of coordination between Central Paramilitary Forces and the State Police and that was why such incidents are common and the troopers have to bear consequences, they said.
- Suicide: Ajay charge against CM 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Raman visits Naxal-hit Narayanpur to spur growth 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Police book 2 for ATM fraud at Bank of Baroda 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Women pay tribute to saree! 19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Tarbha locals get PMAY work orders 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Primary teachers to gherao Assembly on Mar 22 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Odisha‚Äôs Jyotiranjan all-India topper 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Subarnapur officials alerted over heat wave 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Retired employees hold annual meet 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Aid up to Rs 1L cr to IITs, NITs: Union Min 19 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar