- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
National awards rain on Chhattisgarh
A string of national awards had been raining for Chhattisgarh over the past one month with the Centre yet again conferring an award each for a selected category in tourism and aviation sectors on Tuesday.
Notably, Chhattisgarh had been conferred with a national award in the tourism sector for the first time after the formation of the State. This award has been given to the new State for promoting tourism through its highly colourful and creatively designed literature at national and international level.
In the Aviation sector, the Swami Vivekananda Airport in Raipur received the national award as the ‘best airport of the country’ .
Within the short span of less than one month, Chhattisgarh has received nine national awards in the various sectors of development.
The Union Tourism Ministry has given this award to the Chhattisgarh Tourism Board (CTB) for the publication of informative tourism literature in various Indian and foreign languages, besides English.
Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development Shashi Tharoor presented the award for the year 2012-13 to the CTB Managing Director Santosh Mishra, at a function held in New Delhi on Tuesday.
On the occasion, Tharoor also presented the ‘best airport of the country’ award to Swami Vivekananda Airport situated at Mana, Raipur to the Director, Airports Authority of India (AAI) Raipur Anil Rai in the presemnec of tourism experts from India and abroad, tourism ministers of various states besides other officers.
While expressing his happiness over getting national tourism award to the state, chief minister Dr Raman Singh congratulated the tourism board and hoped that, with the efforts of all, Chhattisgarh would achieve more fame in tourism sector in the country and abroad. State tourism minister Ajay Chandrakar also greeted the tourism board and its officers for this achievement.
The CTB has published colourful brochures centred on historical, religious and culturally important centres like Sirpur and Rajim, tourist places like Chitrakot, handicrafts of Chhattisgarh, folk dance and wildlife, in foreign languages, including Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Sinhali, German and Thai. Besides, artistical publicity literatures have been published in Indian languages including Hindi, Marathi, Bangla and Gujarati about tourism important places.
At the Swami Vivekananda Airport, spread in 1100 acre area, in Naya Raipur, all the modern facilities of the world have been made available.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- SP to hold Mega rally on December 20 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM says ePOS machines will make PDS more efficient 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Assembly polls likely to be shifted to April in UP 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple Talaq: AIMPLB opposes High Court judgment 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM to distribute bravery award to non-gazetted police personnel 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD postpones kisan rally at Basti 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Woman hands over baby girl to relative 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Family of boy with hydrocephalus cries for help 09 Dec 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Dog birth control scheme goes awry in Sambalpur dist 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Electricity produced from scrapped Rs500 notes! 09 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
For god's sake, do your job. You (MPs) are meant to transact business in Parliament (and not to disrupt).
Rahul Gandhi is competing with Arvind Kejriwal in TRP politics by levelling baseless charges on daily basis.
We (India and the US) are both multicultural societies, but nevertheless, hold together extremely well.