- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
New Chief Secy Ajay Singh was cut out for civil services
Newly-appointed Chief Secretary Ajay Singh, a native of Patharia village in Mungeli district of Chhattisgarh was a meritorious student right from the beginning who in later years of his life got the opportunity to serve as an IAS officer in his home State (now Chhattisgarh).
Singh topped the Higher Secondary Board Examination in the undivided Madhya Pradesh in the year 1976. He did his school education from Mission School , Bilaspur.
He later did his B Tech in Electrical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi in 1981. He completed his M Tech in Computer Technology in 1983 and had also taken his Masters degree in Economics from Manchester University UK in 1995-96.
Singh is a 1983 batch IAS officer of Chhattisgarh Cadre.
Singh before the separate State of Chhattisgarh came into being has rendered his services in the undivided Madhya Pradesh as Collector in various districts including Sidhi, Sehore and Jabalpur.
After year 2000, he has served in the Chhattisgarh government as a Secretary, Principal Secretary and Additional Chief Secretary in the departments of Health, Food and Civil Supplies, Finance, Commercial Tax, Urban Administration, Power and Water Resources.
Singh had also served as a Chairman of Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board in the past.
He will be the 9th Chief Secretary of the State and will serve to the post till 2020.
Singh was born in a well to do family and his father was a noted Advocate. His one brother is at present Judge in the High Court while the other is a doctor. His wife Dr Abha Singh is also a reputed doctor and at present working as a Dean in the Medical College, Raipur.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi