- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will sacrifice govt for communal harmony: Mulayam 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP claims SP activists attacked their supporters 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Provide water in canals: yadav 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IT members stalled services for a day 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- HC cancels yadav’s consultant contract 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Kochi
- Usman asks for final report on fake currency note row 09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fast-unto-death stir in JP Jail intensifies 09 Oct 2015 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Woman among 2 CPI(Maoists) held in Gomia 09 Oct 2015 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Bhagat punished for being movement leader: Niru Bhagat 09 Oct 2015 | VINOD PRASAD | in Ranchi
- Chhatarpur MLA sees red over Palamu police firing 09 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
09 Oct 2015 | Pioneer News Service | Lucknow
In an apparent damage control exercise following the Dadri lynching incident Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav said the state government will act tough against the conspirators even ready to sacrifice the government for the sake of communal harmony in the state. Breaking his silence after 10 days of the Dadri incident Mulayam Singh Yadav without naming the political party said here on Thursday that it was a preplanned conspiracy hatched...
We seek the modification that Aadhaar be allowed to be used voluntarily for the benefit of the poor and the aged.
One used to hear such things (Dadri incident) happening in some other society, not ours. One does not feel proud.
So far we were fighting (political rivals) human beings. Now a shaitan has entered a human body, which is after us.