- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana prepares ahead of Jat agitation 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- NITI Aayog asks Haryana DCs to give suggestions of citizens 24 Jan 2017 | pns | in Chandigarh
- ‘Delay in pensions can be brought to the notice of Deputy Accountant General’ 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to promote straw management practices 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Chandigarh records 80C as the minimum temperature 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Khattar pays tributes to Netaji 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab needs stable Govt: Capt 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Sukhbir asks Capt why he never went to jail 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- BJP sends bikers to canvass in Punjab Polls 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- We are duty-bound to provide security to AAP chief: Punjab Police 24 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
Sad to see second-gen Congressmen forced to leave party due to (Sanjay) Nirupam's behaviour. Rahul Gandhi must stop the bleed.
I spoke in metaphor and shared two ways of looking at things: One was to be hopeful, and one was to feel outrage.
Instead of celebrating the first success (of making the Government promulgate an Ordinance), why are you into violent protests?