- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM yet to distribute portfolios to ministers 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State govt brace up security following Indian Army’s surgical Strike 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Former GM of ‘The Pioneer’ Dipak Mukherji dies following illness 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt to offer more facilities to cops 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman to take strict action against guilty 30 Sep 2016 | Preetam Srivastava | in Lucknow
- Rs50-crore scholarship scam alleged in State 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Income Tax disclosures net may touch Rs200 crore in Odisha 30 Sep 2016 | NAGESHWAR PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- Pharmacists threaten immolation before Naveen Niwas 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Adarsha Vidyalayas not yet made residential: Minister 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No support for solar power projects in rural houses 30 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The call of Modi to Pakistan and its people for war against poverty has no answers (from them).
When you begin, the kind of flak you get for anything an everything is disappointing.
These (terrorists) are people who kill children, kill Muslims, take sex slaves. There's no religious rationale.