- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- 358 nominations for JSPL foundation’s Swayamsiddh Samman 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Prithvi II test-fired from Chandipur 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Olive Ridley mating pairs sighted at Gahirmatha 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’pur locals meet Khurda DRM on train timings 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MCL eyes to produce 250 MT coal by 2020 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Airstrip renovation hailed in M’bhanj, Baleswar 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Man held for abducting nephew for ransom 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sarathi Baba’s bail rejected 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Malyabanta fest celebrates tribals’ colourful life 27 Nov 2015 | NADIYA CHAND KANUNGO | in Bhubaneswar
- ABVP national meet begins in city 27 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.