- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal