- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Focus on groundwater recharge, solar irrigation 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Stay prepared for possible floods: CM tells depts 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- State mulling to create Dist Commando Force 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Meet on chit fund firms-actors nexus tomorrow 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lord’s dignity should be given top priority: Manch 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Explore newer avenues: students told 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No place for undisciplined leaders in BJD: Rout 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Law Min politicising lawyers’ bodies: Bar Council chief 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Naveen must punish party rogues and never lose secular spirit 30 Jun 2016 | BISWARAJ PATNAIK | in Bhubaneswar
- How to prevent malnutrition in 1K days of birth 30 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Never has any leader made such a historic blunder. If Jawaharlalji had not declared a ceasefire at that time, the Kashmir issue would not have existed.
Actor Govinda is the ultimate Bollywood dancer. I can't see anyone beyond him. I can see him dancing for hours.
It is actually India which is shying away as it knows that it has to discuss Kashmir and other issues on the dialogue table.