- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana Budget session from Monday likely to be stormy 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal Cabinet approves draft Governor address 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cold conditions persist in the region 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD trying to manufacture a revival in Haryana 26 Feb 2017 | IANS | in Chandigarh
- Jats to hold ‘Black Day’ in Haryana today 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana annouces Rs 50 lakh for martyr's family 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal CM opens International Shivratri fair 26 Feb 2017 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Govt to finalise excise policy soon 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- PM remark has scared BJD: Dharmendra 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- House stalled over Modi’s ‘Odsha poor’ remark 26 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
My visit to Rwanda and Uganda was a conscious effort by the Indian Government to intensify interactions with Africa.
Media and social media have done best for small films... Creating buzz about the film without (we) having to invest.
We will hunt down and destroy the Islamic State at its source so that it can no longer threaten our nation or our families.