- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
New Narayanpur Collector stresses on team spirit
Newly-appointed District Collector Yashwant Kumar has called for bringing about a culture of team spirit and mutual co-ordination in carrying out work for the overall development of the district with the aim of providing better services to the people of the district, informed an official statement here on Thursday.
Kumar was chairing a review meeting of departmental activities of all the district officials here at the District Collectorate on Wednesday after assuming charge of the district.
He said that despite the trying circumstances there is sufficient scope for work in Narayanpur district alongwith its attendent challenges.
Kumar stressed on monthly review of the status of all departmental activities on a regular basis for giving a fillip to the development work being taken up in the district.
The Collector emphasised on the need for achieving superior results in the department work besides effective implementation of the various projects and programmes.
Kumar especially directed officials to conduct regular management of the water supply schemes besides the ‘Nal Jal Yojana’ for ensuring drinking water supply in the ongoing summer season in the district.
He said that teams be formed for timely repair of the malfunctioning hand pumps at the same time ensuring tankers in the urban areas facing water shortage .
This apart, the Collector directed to make necessary preparations for prevention of diseases typical to summer seasons in a time bound manner with arrangement of treatment facilities also.
He said that a review of the development work be conducted every month with the focus on enhancing pace of quality development work.
Kumar after taking information on the campaign for the issuance of ration cards under the Food Security Law, directed officials to issue the ration cards after receiving the applications as per the prescribed programme.
The Collector during the meeting made detailed review of the work of Tribal Development, Public Health Engineering and Public Works Department.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Mahaparayan’ to transport dead body launched 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Kerala seeks power support from Odisha 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Central Govt seeks report on inactiveness of dalit corporation 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Frequent power cuts: Bandh observed at Udala 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Umesh Singh takes over as new ECoR GM 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to attend B’luru Investors’ Meet today 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tumari Smrutire’ kicks off to pay tribute to Sanjukta 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PRI polls: Opp still has to do lots of homework 26 Aug 2016 | LALIT MOHAN MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Bhekti seeds ranching in Chilika planned 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- VHP seeks Laxmananada killers punished soon 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.