NMDC signs MoUs for research co-operation agreements
The agreement for collaborative project work for "Development of “Modeling & Optimization of High Concentration Iron Ore fines /concentrate slurry Pipelines for Indian Iron Ore Processing Industries” was executed between NMDC Ltd and IMMT Bhubaneswar in the premises of IMMT during the 76th anniversary celebrations of CSIR on October 9, a NMDC press release informed.
Dr Narendra K Nanda, Director (Technical) NMDC and Dr S K Mishra, acting Director IMMT were present on the occasion, a company press release informed.
The objective is to develop a measurement procedure for obtaining solids concentration distribution and turbulent intensity profiles in highly concentrated iron ore fines/concentrate slurry which will be extended to Indian Iron Ore processing industries especially to NMDC for designing, testing and modeling/simulation of their futuristic iron ore slurry pipeline transportation systems, it informed.
The 2nd Research Cooperation Agreement signed by Dr. Narendra K. Nanda, Director (Technical) on behalf of NMDC and Prof. R.K. Panda, Dean (Research), IIT, Bhubaneswar for establishing an advanced research laboratory on "Optimization of Silos, Bins and Hoppers designs through Modeling, primarily intended for iron ore storage" and also to suggest modification and improvements in existing operating units of NMDC Limited.
This project has been taken under the Uchchatar Avishkar Yojana (UAY), whereby Rs 90 lakh is being contributed by Ministry of HRD and NMDC has to take care of Rs 30 lakh.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun