- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP cong to gherao RBI office in Kanpur today 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP DGP to hold security meet ahead of R-Day celebrations 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP will go for pre-poll alliance with cong: Akhilesh 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Poll process commences as EC issues notification for first phase 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP workers protest over ticket distribution criteria 18 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘IT collections in MP & CG showing phenomenal growth’ 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM inaugurates SDRF Training Centre 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘1651 cases of power theft registered in State’ 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Five Maoists held in Kondagaon district 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- IT raids at prominent steel trading co. offices 18 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
The US has an extraordinarily complicated relationship, particularly when it comes to national security with Pakistan.
I don't have any interest in going to the US and working there. I am totally interested in working for Indian films.
Sunil Grover is pretty sober. He has overdone (prankster bit) so much that people might find his normal self different.