- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Raj Babbar lashes out at PM Narendra Modi 26 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh appeals PM to increase kerosene share for UP 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Family, Samajwadi Party united says MSY; refuses rift within party 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati slams RSS and PM 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Do not blame BJP for SP”s family fued: Manoj Sinha 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ram Gopal likely to be replaced by Beni Prasad Verma 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Less chances for re-instate of sacked ministers 26 Oct 2016 | VN Bhatt | in Lucknow
- Robust strategy to be in place, says CEC 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Diwali bonanza: Punjab ok’s regularisation of 30K staff 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- SAD asks Kejriwal to explain why he took Cong help to form Govt in Delhi 26 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
When the issue of five crore rupees came up, I intervened and told the film producers' guild that they don't have to agree to it.
I have an iPhone, but it's like one you give your two-year-old, where it pretends to press things, but nothing happens.
Akhilesh Yadav has been misguided by Azam Khan. He should understand Khan's design and mend fences with his father.