Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
- CTPS Unit-3 shut down after technical snag 20 Aug 2017 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- St Paul Modern school holds Investiture ceremony 20 Aug 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Sanitation Dept plans to expand pipeline project 20 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- State‚Äôs first garment unit gets operational 20 Aug 2017 | Sanjeev Jha | in Ranchi
- Culprit in minor rape case nabbed 20 Aug 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Govt lays foundation of 74 projects worth Rs 2100 cr 20 Aug 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- NMDC records 7 MT of iron ore production from Chhattisgarh 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- BSP holds In-plant QC & 5S project presentation competition 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raman for growing crops consuming less water 20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Deepali Thakur declared president of MKP College student‚Äôs union 20 Aug 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun