- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Upset flat buyers gherao Hi-Tech official in city 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists destroy contractor camp in Rayagada district 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD minus Naveen will always remain in my heart as my party’ 29 May 2016 | DEBADAS PRADHAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 54,000 candidates appear for NISER screening test 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reservation in pvt sectors demanded 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Make ECoR the best rly zone: GM 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19,000 km roads, 9L houses to be built in 3 years in State 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Menstrual hygiene a challenging job in India 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in city; two held 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Unauthorised siding: NGT slaps Rs50 lakh on railway 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.