- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Govt expands cabinet 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Amit Shah attacks SP Govt 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yadav gives a miss to cabinet expansion 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM to ask public support for Assembly Polls 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UPCC cancels Roza Iftar party 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Piyush Goel slams UP Govt over power crisis 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ‘Lookout notice’ against Trailokya Mishra issued 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Undue favour to Rose Valley Real Estate decried 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- E-stamping facility begins in State 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Ex-Services League submits memo to Monohar Parrikar 28 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Earlier, chhatrapati (king) appointed peshwas (prime minister). In Rajya Sabha nomination of Sambhaji Raje (a Maratha royal), peshwas have appointed a chhatrapati.
There's no bigger enemy of an artist than his fans. If you fall for the expectations of your fans, you’ll never grow. I don't give a damn about fans.
I've done all I can. I've been in four finals and it hurts not to be a champion. It's a hard moment for me and the team, and it's difficult to say, but it's over with the Argentina team.