Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
- Azam Khan demands nationwide ban on cow slaughter 28 Mar 2017 | pns | in Lucknow
- Ram Govind Chaudhary to be leader of opposition in 17th UP Assembly 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Crackdown only against illegal slaughter houses says State Govt 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State law commission justice Ravindra Singh resigns 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM seeks detail report on Gomti Riverfront project 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM orders CB probe; SIT formed 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Rs12,946-cr commercial tax by February-end 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- There’s need of a Moral University that Govt should support 28 Mar 2017 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Orphanage kids join Ekamra Walks, visit temples 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Agro productions decline in State 28 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar