- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Ramoowalia’s fate is not confirmed yet 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks centre to give NOC for over bridge 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt sets up Drought monitoring cell 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP to go for alliance with small outfits 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State BJP announces candidates for Bilari, Ghazipur 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Govt still indecisive on repealing Block Grant 29 Apr 2016 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- Mere 8% from Odisha qualify for JEE Advanced 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Women own 12,580 MSME units in State 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 195 schools with less than 5 students closed 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Polavaram: NGT gives time to AP to present case 29 Apr 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
24 Apr 2016 | Rup Narayan Das
Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar’s recent visit to China assumes immense significance in light of the long-standing complex relationship and the security dilemma that exists between the two countries. Political interaction at the higher level is always conducive for strategic trust and communication China is India’s largest neighbour and the two countries share a land border of 3,488 km, which is undemarcated and is known as the Line of Actual Control (LAC)...
Why is the Prime Minister silent on AgustaWestland scam? First, the BJP spared (Robert) Vadra, now it is protecting the Congress top brass.
I am extremely proud of my rags to riches story, it's fun to be a misfit or an underdog if you acknowledge your gifts and befriend your obstacles.
For the first time I am supporting Salman (Khan) on my belief that what he is doing is right. Instead and alcohol or tobacco, he is promoting sports.