Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
- Two Hindi plays performed at Shaheed Bhavan 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Various events to mark 39th foundation day of MPSTDC 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 72 girls from MP to visit Wagah border 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Weekly review to improve in Board exam results soon: Kunwar Vijay Shah 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress mocks CM’s announcement of illegal mining ban on Narmada river 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ASTHA is a positive initiative by employee union: SBI Chief 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM reviews ongoing projects through video conference 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‘More awareness campaigns needed for youth on traffic rules’ 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Congress leaders conduct online survey for tickets 23 May 2017 | Zafar Alam Khan | in Bhopal
- Farmer suicides are continuing: Sanjay Nirupam 23 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur