- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Raman Singh launches laptop/ tablet scheme
Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh called on youths of Chhattisgarh to come forward to take advantage and contribute in the evolution in the field of Information Technology while launching the ambitious plan of the state government to provide free laptop/ tablets to Engineering, Medical and College students at his home constituency on Tuesday. He expressed the hope that with commencement of the scheme engineers and doctors would benefit immensely.
Addressing large number of students of CIT engineering college located near Parri Nala in Rajnandgaon, the chief minister said that to give benefit of the free laptop scheme to engineering and medical students the state government had initiated efforts 3 months ago and after approval in the state cabinet meeting the scheme was finally launched on Tuesday in which Dr Raman Singh gifted laptops to final year students of the CIT Engineering College and encouraged them to take advantage of it in their career betterment.
Total 1030 laptops were distributed on this occasion which included 427 students of CIT Engineering College, 318 of Yugantar Engineering College, 148 of Ashoka College, 40 of Balaji College, 25 of Sanshkar city College and 40 students of Dongargarh Engineering College.
Political analysts say the scheme is intended to woo young voters of the state. Chief Minister Raman Singh who is heading the BJP government since Dec 2003, is hoping to pull off the third consecutive victory as the state goes for a 90-member assembly polls later this year.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Rahul Gandhi talks about poor condition of roads in state 28 Sep 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- CM offers Rs20 lakh for martyrs families 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Deploy central forces before commencement of polls Nominations process says political parties 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- EC supports idea of simultaneous elections for Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM comes in support of youth leaders 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Pappu Nishad joins as UP state bridge corporation’s chairman 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Priest’s murder led to mystery in Amethi 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Khali: Want WWE kind of wrestling in every city 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Gosai, Yadav, Rabari communities to come under Backward Classes 28 Sep 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP CM inaugurates development projects 28 Sep 2016 | Kishori Lal | in Chandigarh
It should be understood that the Delhi Government has all the powers, except the powers of police. Everything else is there.
The (shoe) attack on Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was a pre-planned one and engineered by BJP and RSS.
I hope the fact-checkers are turning up the volume and really working hard. Donald supported the Iraq invasion.