- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party further deepens 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Udayveer Singh expelled from Samajwadi Party 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP state executive held first meet under Shivpal Yadav 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prajapati gets relief once again 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles seven bureaucrats 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Real fight will be among BSP and BJP in coming Polls claims Satish Mishra 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- The conundrum of communalism 23 Oct 2016 | Romit Bagchi | in Dehradun
- Atanu’s ouster opens BJD’s pandora’s box 23 Oct 2016 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- Rourkela scrap trader shot dead 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fire: Close shave for Habisiyalis in Puri 23 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!