- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- JMM leader’s murder sparks protest in city 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Satanpur readies to welcome Das 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City’s oldest public library to get facelift 14 Feb 2016 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Mudra scheme a boon for Hazaribagh 14 Feb 2016 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- CM gifts auto-rikshaw to women driver 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maya terms budget as ‘a total failure’ 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Captain reappears after a week in Faizabad 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Gunmen gun down journalist at Gosaiganj 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dalit organizations hails NDA’s govt announcement 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maharaj demands punishment for student over their ant-national slogans 14 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
14 Feb 2016 | Ananya Borgohain
Be it ancient legends or modern paranormal accounts, the mystical aura beyond the realm of rationality never fails to draw one’s undivided attention. ANANYA BORGOHAIN explores such ‘ghostly’ encounters that send shivers down the spine, and attempts to understand what about them fascinates everyone It is difficult to describe Mumbai’s Marine Drive in words that could highlight any of its newer, unexplored nuances...
If anyone tries to raise questions on the country’s unity and integrity, they will not be spared. Stringent action will be taken.
I don’t have a type; I think older would be good for me. They are more chilled and you don’t get the games.
Songs today have a very short shelf-life. When music becomes mechanical, that doesn’t work. It has to be a creative process.