- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Baleswar, M’bhanj bus owners threaten strike 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Fasting Pradip Majhi’s health critical in jail 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Appoint IAS officer as B’pur Varsity VC: Manch 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Now, no-trust move against Anandpur civic body chief 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Students’ bodies hold meet on Higher Education Policy 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in Rourkela; 3 brokers held 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Crocodile attack in Kendrapada 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 28 shop owners evicted from MKCG campus 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Forcible eviction: Cases against Ganjam DM, SBI officials 29 Jun 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Salman’s rape analogy: Problem in diction, not intent 29 Jun 2016 | GURBIR SINGH | in Bhubaneswar
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
Those who are saying he (Lionel Messi) should quit are doing it so that we won't see what a disaster Argentine football has become.
Maybe I'm lazy. I don't want to conquer the world but I don't mind having a little place of my own.
On behalf of all Londoners, I am demanding more autonomy for the capital — right now.