- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Haryana prepares a road maintenance policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- More transparency in public procurement in Haryana 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Kalpana Chawla Medical College 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- HP Govt approves investor friendly hydro policy 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Govt mulls panel to curb spread of whitefly pest in Punjab 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana Bijli Nigam prepares bidding documents to bring transparency 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Congress is `behal’ : SP 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Protect your own country rather eyeing Kashmir : Azad tells Sharif 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- AIPEF to join day-long countrywide strike on September 2 26 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
This dream of (Pakistan’s) led to the division of their own country; Bangladesh was created. But Pakistan couldn’t take an inch of our land. They should protect what they have.
Getting a five-wicket haul away from sub-continent is something I have worked earnestly towards. and I am really pleased for myself.
Platitudes not backed by meaningful action ring hollow over time. History and the Afghan people will judge leaders of all parties to this conflict by their actual conduct.