- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Seventh Pay Commission: Good news for State Govt employees 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mulayam slams PM for making false promises 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM announces compensation for victim’s of demonetisation. 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks PM to release funds for Power Distribution Companies 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh skips Mulayam’s mega rally 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Three IPS officers gets new post in reshuffle 08 Dec 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- NASSCOM, Odisha launch drive to control e-Waste 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 662-brand colleges hold rally, demand GIA 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 Public Prosecutors appointed for speedy trial of POSCO cases 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Merchants to accept digital payments in GPs 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
(Satirist) Cho Ramaswamy was insightful and brilliant. He was a multidimensional personality. Above all, he was a dear friend.
My professional plans are now directed primarily to maintain a good level of play, and also to set new goals.
India has closed the doors on bilateral talk. The UN has a moral responsibility to call for ending rights violations in Kashmir.