- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Minister Bill introduced by CM 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Those who left SP are rats says Azam khan 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Armed gunmen looted bank 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt spent heavy amount on refreshments 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya hit out at Maya 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP members left UP assembly session 30 Aug 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- RLD open for pre-poll alliance prior 2017 polls 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul to visit Amethi before ‘Kisan Yatra’ 30 Aug 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Municipal Cadre for better governance launched 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC puts Energy Secy, M’bhanj SP on notice 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
Our Constitution has no religion or caste. So there is no need to light traditional lamps during the inaugurations at state programmes or at school functions.
I can't step out of bed looking like a diva. My job is to act and not look pretty 24/7. I am not suppose to be a doll.
In India, we have emissions regulations. We understand this is important for public health, so we will try to go step by step to be accepted by Indian consumers.