- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
VC’s mortal remains immersed at Rajim
The mortal remains of former Union Minister Vidya Charan Shukla were immersed in the holy confluence of Mahanadi, Pairi and Sondhur rivers at Rajim in the presence of his family members and a large number of Congress party leaders and workers on Saturday.
The urn of the late Congress leader was carried in a decorated truck which traversed through various parts of the city where people paid homage to the departed leader.
The remaining mortal remains of the veteran leader would be immersed at the ‘Triveni Sangam’ on holy Ganga in Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh and Gwarighat on holy Narmada river in Jabalpur in Madhya Pradesh.
Shukla was injured of gun shots fired by Maoist ultras in Darbha Ghati carnage near Sukma on May 25. The veteran leader struggled for life in Medanta hospital in Gurgaon and breathed his last on June 11.
Shukla's elder brother Pt. Shyamacharan Shukla who was Chief minister of undivided Madhya Padesh and had been representing from Rajim Constituency from where his son Amitesh Shukla had been elected MLA. The mortal remains of Pt Shyama Charan Shukla was also immersed at Rajim confluence.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- One dead in panchayat pre-poll violence 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- BJP goes all out for success of PM’s Saharanpur rally 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Notification for RS, Council polls issued 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Lucknow set to be a smart(er) city 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- MSY visits Neeraj at RML Hosp 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Irani to launch Education portal 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Godman arrested for sexual exploitation 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mishra writes Ranjan to order probe into `Salary Sharing Scam’ 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- State Govt reshuffles 26 Bureaucrats 25 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Mega PWS projects still hangs in balance 25 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
Introduction of NEET would be a direct infringement on the rights of the State and would cause grave injustice to the State’s students.
I am fighting with myself all the time. I constantly try to up my standard a little bit. I don't have time to look behind.
The idea of fashion is for people to discuss, and I guess she (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan with purple lipstick) wanted to be discussed.