- Chanda Kochhar to continue as MD and CEO, to go on leave till completion of internal
- CBI followed up with 6 countries to reiterate that Nirav Modi's passport was revoked
- Delhi HC asks who authorised Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's sit-in at lieutenant
- Partly cloudy sky in Delhi, rains likely
- Kejriwal continues sit-in protest
Woman jumps off 7-storeyed apartment in Adityapur
In a shocking incident, a 35-year-old woman, mother of two children, jumped from the roof-top of a seven-storeyed apartment near Sher-e-Punjab under Adityapur police station in the adjoining Seraikela-Kharsawan district, early Thursday morning.
The woman, identified as Rashmi Jha, died on the spot. She received grave head injuries beside multiple injuries on her hands and legs. A fight between husband and wife is said to be the reason that led the woman to end her life.
As the news spread the police rushed to the spot and recovered the body for post-mortem. OC, Adityapur police station, Vijay Singh who inspected the spot said this to be a case of suicide.
“As per our initial investigation we have come to know that the woman committed suicide as she was depressed over a family dispute with her husband since last evening. There is no other reason behind the death of the woman,” said Singh.
Deceased’s husband Mritunjay Jha is a state government employee and works at the labour department office in Seraikela. He has two sons, one four-year-old and another one- year-old.
As per information the deceased used to live in a rented flat at City Palace, an residential apartment in Adityapur.
According to relatives, Rashmi jumped from the building roof top at 6 am while her husband had gone to drop her son at a play school in Adityapur.
The deceased’s father SK Mishra who also resides at Adityapur said that there was no mistake of his son-in-law behind his daughter’s suicide.
“My daughter was weird from her childhood and used to remain unhappy. She might have taken this drastic step out of fit of rage over some family dispute,” said Mishra while talking to the newsmen.
Mishra works at a private company in Adityapur resides near his daughter’s house. Last evening he had been to his daughter’s house and found that both of them were quarrelling over something. He said he had even tried to sort out the difference, but could not succeed.
- Protest for shifting B‚Äôpur liquor shop held 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Police arrest three cyber criminals 18 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Hercule Poirot: Popular fictional detective play 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- City enjoys several classical forms of arts 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- New collection of fitness books launched at SVL 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Road clearing steps initiated: Overhead cables, electricity lines to be removed 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Sanskrit play staged by MP School of Drama 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Downpour breaks heat spell in capital 18 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM: Agri mandis in State integrated 18 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi