- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Vote for Samajwadi Party appeals CM 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM likely to skip party’s Barelly rally 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP on High alert in view of Ayodhya’s demolition anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati to address party workers on Dr B R Ambedkar’s anniversary 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- !6 year old girl battling for life after acid attack 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Prez to inaugurate Int'l Gita Mahotsav today 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana CM approves Rs 50 cr for national hydrology project 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Mismanagement in demonetisation, says HP Cong 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana begins online process for pvt school 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- INLD alleges PM not giving time to political parties on SYL 06 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
If disagreements continue among the political parties (on Constitution), others might try to influence us. Leaders must move forward.
I'm excited because it's the first time I'm doing back-to-back films. It's not easy playing two distinct characters.
Alliance talks in some way demoralises our workers. My party's leadership has not asked me to look for a tie-up (with anybody).