- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Over 5 cr driving licences bogus; Offenders face one-yr jail
- Attack on African nationals: Swaraj speaks to HM, LG
- Nepal unveils $10 billion budget
- Egypt's army kills 36 militants, defuses 38 bombs in Sinai
- NASA successfully deploys space station's inflatable room
- Robbery case:Dec 16 gangrape convicts move HC against sentence
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Upset flat buyers gherao Hi-Tech official in city 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists destroy contractor camp in Rayagada district 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘BJD minus Naveen will always remain in my heart as my party’ 29 May 2016 | DEBADAS PRADHAN | in Bhubaneswar
- 54,000 candidates appear for NISER screening test 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Reservation in pvt sectors demanded 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Make ECoR the best rly zone: GM 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19,000 km roads, 9L houses to be built in 3 years in State 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Menstrual hygiene a challenging job in India 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Sex racket busted in city; two held 29 May 2016 | pns | in Bhubaneswar
- Unauthorised siding: NGT slaps Rs50 lakh on railway 29 May 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
We will present our case for Jat reservation before the court and make all possible efforts to get the stay on the quota vacated.
We carried out a strike against a Taliban leader. We will continue to do whatever needed to protect our forces.
I'd love to debate Bernie (Sanders) on television. It would get very high ratings. It would be in a big arena.