- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP govt asks for special financial package for bundelkhand 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM launches UP revenue code officially 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP claims SP govt of misusing power for polls 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Droves of devotees throng Cuttack hill 07 Feb 2016 | JYOTIRANJAN PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman commits suicide after rape attempt 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SIT returns from Vizag with important leads 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nalco hospital at Angul to be upgraded 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- India to lay oil pipeline to Bangladesh 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Train services cancelled for fog to be restored 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Discussion on Odia Act in Assembly demanded 07 Feb 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
Prime Minister Modi can advance the interest of the people of India by working effectively with President Obama.
I’m endorsing Marco Rubio to be our next president. We have got to turn the page on the Obama Administration.
Whatever is conjecture (about Netaji Bose) is not of consequence to me. What is of consequence is that he was fighting for India’s freedom.