For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
- CMDC’s Aridongri iron ore output for local units first 26 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Two arrested in gangrape case 26 May 2017 | RR Srivastava | in Ranchi
- Discussion on ‘Tabacco - A threat to development’ at CCL 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tungsten Extraction Pilot Plant inaugurated at NML 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu MP meets victims' family 26 May 2017 | Nityanand Dubey | in Ranchi
- Kendu leaves plucking and transportation keeps SP Latehar & PTR on live wire 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Teenager drowns in Beldih lake, another rescued 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minority Commission sees conspiracy to defame CM 26 May 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Amazon to make global imprint of tassar 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Farmers’ dues to be paid before monsoon 26 May 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi