- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Samajwadi Party, Congress announces alliance for UP Assembly polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh releases party manifesto for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP manifesto release: Mulayam, Shivpal skips event 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mayawati attacks Akhilesh on SP election manifesto 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP election manifesto is a bundle of lies: Maurya 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP releases list of 155 candidates for UP Polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- RLD releases third list of candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP releases list of 77 candidates for UP polls 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Centre seeks Odisha support 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talks on electro homoeopathy held 23 Jan 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.