- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No need for extra funds this fiscal 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No intention to hurt people of UP & Bihar: Naik 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP fails to improve state’s conditon: Bajpai 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mehrotra files case agst singh 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Social activists writes to usaman seeking imp info 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fresh bout of unrest in B'pur Varsity 26 Nov 2015 | KRUSHNA CHANDRA PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal sand lifting rampant in Birupa 26 Nov 2015 | JYOTIRANJAN RAJARAM PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip Port to handle 100 MTPA in 3 years 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parts of M'giri hit by Maoist bandh 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19 rare turtles in illegal confinement rescued 26 Nov 2015 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.