For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
- Portal of land offered for dev launched 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- inbrief 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab SC panel orders VB probe against Patiala’s private college 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Haryana textile traders join strike 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab Govt launches tree plantation drive 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Textile traders down shutters in Punjab 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cops book 5 people for attempt to murder over land dispute 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Akami Multi Specialty Ayurvedic Clinic opens in city 28 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HP Youth Congress to counter BJP yatra with Vikas Prachar yatra 28 Jun 2017 | Kamal Joshi | in Chandigarh
- Haryana aims GSDP growth at 9.8% 28 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Chandigarh