- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.