- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
For the first time in Jharkhand a two-day conference on vitreo-retina was organised in the premises of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital on Sunday. The basic idea behind it was to generate awareness among the medical students regarding vitreo-retina therapy.
Doctors from all across the globe who are specialised in vitreo-retina participated in the conference. Health Minister Rajendra Prasad Singh inaugurated the conference. On the occasion he said, “Our State medical students will also receive the same amount of stipend like other State students. Moreover, in Jamshedpur and Dhanbad a cardinal unit will be started.”
Dr Kamal Kishor from Illinois Retina Institute, USA said, “India is considered as a capital of diabetic patients and it is mostly found that among these patients chances of retina problem is very high. Moreover, the budding doctors also do not prefer opting this stream as it becomes a costly affair in setting a fully-equipped hospital as the technologies are imported for USA and Germany. The need of the hour is to increase vitreo-retina specialists in the country as we do not have adequate number of doctors.”
According to Director of Kashyap Memorial Eye Hospital, Bharti Kashyap, it is an effort of creating awareness among the budding doctors and we are hopeful that our effort will show positive sign in near future.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP Minister Bill introduced by CM 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Those who left SP are rats says Azam khan 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Armed gunmen looted bank 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt spent heavy amount on refreshments 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya hit out at Maya 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP members left UP assembly session 30 Aug 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- RLD open for pre-poll alliance prior 2017 polls 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rahul to visit Amethi before ‘Kisan Yatra’ 30 Aug 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Municipal Cadre for better governance launched 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC puts Energy Secy, M’bhanj SP on notice 30 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
Our Constitution has no religion or caste. So there is no need to light traditional lamps during the inaugurations at state programmes or at school functions.
I can't step out of bed looking like a diva. My job is to act and not look pretty 24/7. I am not suppose to be a doll.
In India, we have emissions regulations. We understand this is important for public health, so we will try to go step by step to be accepted by Indian consumers.