NIFFT students bag International Award
The car designed by the SAE team of National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) named as Team Thrusters, 500cc Racing Car participated in ‘FSAE Italy’ held from September 13 to 16 and was the only team from India to bag this prize. There were four teams from India including IITK, BIT Mesra, NIFFT, HMR Institute of Technology and Management accompanied by several abroad teams.
‘Aakriti’ programme begins at State Museum
To create cultural awareness among the school and college goers, State museum inaugurated a two-day function ‘Aakriti’ on Saturday. Various forms of dance competitions and essay writing competition were held on this first day. State Art, Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs Director Ashok Kumar while unveiling the programme said that it is important to aware on saturday’s youth about their own culture.
Rourkela steel plant rocks in Tata quiz
Tata Crucible Business Quiz 2013 was organised in hotel BNR on Saturday. As many as six teams participated out of which Sudanshu Shekhar and Sampad Mishra of Rourkela steel plant team came out with flying colours in this competition. The winners were awarded with a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh by State IT Principal Secretary NN Sinha.
Anand mela inaugurated at CMPDI
The Anand Mela, organised by Kasturi Mahila Sabha, CMPDI was on Saturday inaugurated by chief guest, Kalpana Soren. On the occasion Soren said, we all must make constructive efforts in the integrated development of women. Soren congratulated Mahila Sabha for orgainisng the mela. Chairperson of Sabha, Nilanjana Debnath said the objective of the mela is to provide platform to small businessmen so as to make them selfsustained. The mela will conclude on September 22.
Minister felicitated by Hatia Sangharsh Samiti
Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan was on Saturday felicitated at public function organised by HEC Sangharsh Samiti. Paswan assured that he will do everything to clean ghats and beautify Dhurwa. Kailash Yadav of the morcha presented a memorandum to the minister seeking his intervention in ensuring tri-partite talks with HEC management.
Bike Rally to spread awareness for Expo-2013
The members of Junior Chamber Industries (JCI) organised bike rally which was started from Morhabadi ground on September 21 this Saturday. The JCI members moved on the roads of the city with banners and posters in their hands on the bike, as it was a means of advertising Expo Utsav. The rally was led by a cartoon character on an auto, and included 50 JCI members wearing same colour T-shirts during the bike rally which finally ended at the starting point.
- Bypolls to Chitrakoot seat set for direct fight 23 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- IIP energy research workshop from Oct 23 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Hooch claims one more life in State 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- MAD students clean up Dobhalwala 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Bus commuters face problems post Diwali 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Drive to check traffic violations conducted 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM releases cop‚Äôs book of poems 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Press conference discusses need of laws for domestic help 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- PMHS gearing up for its battle royale 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- UMSSB extends dates for medical officers‚Äô forms 23 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun