- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
NIFFT students bag International Award
The car designed by the SAE team of National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology (NIFFT) named as Team Thrusters, 500cc Racing Car participated in ‘FSAE Italy’ held from September 13 to 16 and was the only team from India to bag this prize. There were four teams from India including IITK, BIT Mesra, NIFFT, HMR Institute of Technology and Management accompanied by several abroad teams.
‘Aakriti’ programme begins at State Museum
To create cultural awareness among the school and college goers, State museum inaugurated a two-day function ‘Aakriti’ on Saturday. Various forms of dance competitions and essay writing competition were held on this first day. State Art, Culture, Sports and Youth Affairs Director Ashok Kumar while unveiling the programme said that it is important to aware on saturday’s youth about their own culture.
Rourkela steel plant rocks in Tata quiz
Tata Crucible Business Quiz 2013 was organised in hotel BNR on Saturday. As many as six teams participated out of which Sudanshu Shekhar and Sampad Mishra of Rourkela steel plant team came out with flying colours in this competition. The winners were awarded with a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh by State IT Principal Secretary NN Sinha.
Anand mela inaugurated at CMPDI
The Anand Mela, organised by Kasturi Mahila Sabha, CMPDI was on Saturday inaugurated by chief guest, Kalpana Soren. On the occasion Soren said, we all must make constructive efforts in the integrated development of women. Soren congratulated Mahila Sabha for orgainisng the mela. Chairperson of Sabha, Nilanjana Debnath said the objective of the mela is to provide platform to small businessmen so as to make them selfsustained. The mela will conclude on September 22.
Minister felicitated by Hatia Sangharsh Samiti
Tourism Minister Suresh Paswan was on Saturday felicitated at public function organised by HEC Sangharsh Samiti. Paswan assured that he will do everything to clean ghats and beautify Dhurwa. Kailash Yadav of the morcha presented a memorandum to the minister seeking his intervention in ensuring tri-partite talks with HEC management.
Bike Rally to spread awareness for Expo-2013
The members of Junior Chamber Industries (JCI) organised bike rally which was started from Morhabadi ground on September 21 this Saturday. The JCI members moved on the roads of the city with banners and posters in their hands on the bike, as it was a means of advertising Expo Utsav. The rally was led by a cartoon character on an auto, and included 50 JCI members wearing same colour T-shirts during the bike rally which finally ended at the starting point.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Seventh Pay Commission: Good news for State Govt employees 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mulayam slams PM for making false promises 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP CM announces compensation for victim’s of demonetisation. 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM asks PM to release funds for Power Distribution Companies 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Akhilesh skips Mulayam’s mega rally 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Three IPS officers gets new post in reshuffle 08 Dec 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- NASSCOM, Odisha launch drive to control e-Waste 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 662-brand colleges hold rally, demand GIA 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 Public Prosecutors appointed for speedy trial of POSCO cases 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Merchants to accept digital payments in GPs 08 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
(Satirist) Cho Ramaswamy was insightful and brilliant. He was a multidimensional personality. Above all, he was a dear friend.
My professional plans are now directed primarily to maintain a good level of play, and also to set new goals.
India has closed the doors on bilateral talk. The UN has a moral responsibility to call for ending rights violations in Kashmir.