- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
235 JVM workers in BJP fold
Total 235 workers of Babulal Marandi’s Jharkhand Vikash Morcha on Tuesday joined BJP in presence of MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela. Most of these workers were in BJP since long but after last Assembly polls they have joined JVM.
The workers from the different part of the district joined BJP under the leadership of Upendra Kushwaha and Sambhulal Gupta. It all happened in a specially organised program at Community Hall near St Columba’s College presided by District BJP president Tunnu Gope. He termed it as ‘back to home’ program in which the BJP got some new entrants in political field who had started their journey with JVM.
MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela along with other senior leaders of district BJP welcomed the workers by garlanding them.
Speaking on the occasion, Sinha said, “In life we commit mistakes but who realises and corrects it marches ahead on the path of success.” Sinha also said that due to large number of regional parties Jharkhand always got coalition Government which is the main cause of its underdevelopment. This time BJP will make a Government on its own strength and things will change, he added.
Sambhulal Gupta, Upendra Kushwaha and others who came back home said that they were feeling uncomfortable and deserted in Jharkhand Vikash Morcha. They blamed that there is a kind of anarchy in that party and senior leaders do not hear the workers so they came back to their home where they can frankly share their opinion and problems.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Will not form a new party: CM 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- Not possible to leave Amar Singh and Shivpal: Mulayam 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Triple talaq system ruined life of Muslim women: PM 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi’s rally a flop show claims Mayawati 25 Oct 2016 | pns | in Lucknow
- 4,000 doc posts vacant in Govt college hospitals 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Jail staffs launch fast, demand pay hike 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Am pained over contrasting statements, actions taken to save Jagamohan’ 25 Oct 2016 | Sugyan Choudhury | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre presses Odisha to have DBT Cell soonest 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3.24L Govt employees’ database online now 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- MoU with Adani: KISS-Mayurbhanj in offing 25 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.