- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
235 JVM workers in BJP fold
Total 235 workers of Babulal Marandi’s Jharkhand Vikash Morcha on Tuesday joined BJP in presence of MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela. Most of these workers were in BJP since long but after last Assembly polls they have joined JVM.
The workers from the different part of the district joined BJP under the leadership of Upendra Kushwaha and Sambhulal Gupta. It all happened in a specially organised program at Community Hall near St Columba’s College presided by District BJP president Tunnu Gope. He termed it as ‘back to home’ program in which the BJP got some new entrants in political field who had started their journey with JVM.
MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela along with other senior leaders of district BJP welcomed the workers by garlanding them.
Speaking on the occasion, Sinha said, “In life we commit mistakes but who realises and corrects it marches ahead on the path of success.” Sinha also said that due to large number of regional parties Jharkhand always got coalition Government which is the main cause of its underdevelopment. This time BJP will make a Government on its own strength and things will change, he added.
Sambhulal Gupta, Upendra Kushwaha and others who came back home said that they were feeling uncomfortable and deserted in Jharkhand Vikash Morcha. They blamed that there is a kind of anarchy in that party and senior leaders do not hear the workers so they came back to their home where they can frankly share their opinion and problems.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Bunds save erosion-prone hillock 07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada HIV-hit widow yet to get IAY house 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- R’gada CRPF Swachchh drive shows the way 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nurse suspended for ‘killing’ pregnant woman at Baripada 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parala MLA to stage fast on October 13 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Declassify files on Subhas, Jayaprakash, PM urged 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’swar NH normal as truckers call off stir 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Child theft rumour: Five beaten cruelly in J’suguda 07 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman’s body found at JSpur rail line 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for RDC branch at Jeypore mounts 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
A lush green hillock, where fast soil erosion was posing a threat to its very existence, was given a fresh leash of life, thanks to nearly a dozen of stone bunds raised at the vulnerable points near the foothill in Dhenkanal district. The hillock in the Dhenkanal-Keonjhar border along Garhpalasuni-Pangatira road under Mahabiroad forest range would have perished within a few years like any other of its ilk in the vicinity...
We need to rise above these kinds of incidents (Dadri lynching) because they don't give a good name to the country.
Every superstar has some insecurity. That is why a superstar is in search of new subjects. Insecurity is everywhere.
We are keeping an eye on hate-mongers. They orchestrated riots in Muzaffarnagar and are trying it in other parts of the State.