- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
235 JVM workers in BJP fold
Total 235 workers of Babulal Marandi’s Jharkhand Vikash Morcha on Tuesday joined BJP in presence of MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela. Most of these workers were in BJP since long but after last Assembly polls they have joined JVM.
The workers from the different part of the district joined BJP under the leadership of Upendra Kushwaha and Sambhulal Gupta. It all happened in a specially organised program at Community Hall near St Columba’s College presided by District BJP president Tunnu Gope. He termed it as ‘back to home’ program in which the BJP got some new entrants in political field who had started their journey with JVM.
MP Yashwant Sinha and MLA Umashankar Yadav Akela along with other senior leaders of district BJP welcomed the workers by garlanding them.
Speaking on the occasion, Sinha said, “In life we commit mistakes but who realises and corrects it marches ahead on the path of success.” Sinha also said that due to large number of regional parties Jharkhand always got coalition Government which is the main cause of its underdevelopment. This time BJP will make a Government on its own strength and things will change, he added.
Sambhulal Gupta, Upendra Kushwaha and others who came back home said that they were feeling uncomfortable and deserted in Jharkhand Vikash Morcha. They blamed that there is a kind of anarchy in that party and senior leaders do not hear the workers so they came back to their home where they can frankly share their opinion and problems.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- UP assembly passes the Bill related to Govt House allotment 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Dixit slams successive Govt for state’s backwardness 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Naik appeals Prez to speed up judge’s appointment in High court 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- One more held for Shramjeevi Express attack 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP never promised reservation to Muslims: Azam 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM criticized BSP 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP conceded its defeat before polls says Pathak on sinking ship remark 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Badal woos Dalits, describes SCs as State’s backbone 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Fed up with SAD, Tohra family joins AAP 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Cong asks Dr Navjot Kaur Sidhu not to meddle in other parties’ affairs 31 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Chandigarh
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
Announcing packages worth crores of rupees for Jammu & Kashmir won't win over the people. Only genuine feelings will win people's hearts.
A writer must be the conscience of the nation. Indian writers are doing that — writing about climate change, like Amitav Ghosh.
Raaz Reboot has passed with an A certificate. A CBFC lady member said, ‘You made a beautiful film'. Coming from a lady for an adult film, these words touched my heart.