- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Admin releases helpline numbers, assures free and fair polls
The Ranchi district administration today released helpline numbers to help conduct free and fair civic polls across the Capital city.
A day ahead of Municipal Election – 2018, Ranchi DC, Rai Mahimapat Ray said on Sunday that the district administration is all prepared to conduct civic poll and is expecting good voters’ turnout.
Ray further said that the special teams have been formed to address people’s grievances. “The district administration has come up with a few helpline numbers for public convenience. Looking at the footfall of electorates, three control rooms have been established here in State Capital whereas one centralized control unit will be functional at Bundu block to register complaints,” the Ranchi DC said.
According to the instructions of senior district officials, the control rooms have been setup at Circle Office, Hehal (08083946915) and Hatia Guest House (08580311479). Also, a centralized control unit (08580311469 and 08580311467) has been made functional here in Ranchi to counter anomalies.
As per the district administration officials, the polling staffs have been advised to maintain the timeline. After mock polling which is scheduled from 6 AM to 7 AM, voters will be allowed to cast their votes from 7 AM onwards at their respective booths. Polling will continue till 5 PM.
For the first time, a special arrangement has been made by the district administration to encourage voters and improve voters’ turnout.
A special blue certificate will be issued to every first male voter while a special pink certificate will be handed over to the every first female voter at each polling booth, who will be the first citizen to cast their vote from the respective polling centers.
There will be three Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) at the polling centers – Pink EVMs will be for Mayoral candidates, Green EVMs will be for Deputy Mayoral candidates and White EVMs will be for ward councilor aspirants.
To ensure glitch free voting at the designated polling centers, the officials said that Industry Training Institute (ITI) specialists have been deputed and at least 10 per cent EVMs have been kept in reserve.
The officials assured that in maximum 10 minutes time, technical default, if arises, will be addressed by the experts on the spot or else the EVM machines will be replaced. As many as 8 lakh voters are expected to cast their votes from Ranchi. Over 6518 EVMs will be used here in State Capital.
From security perspective, two companies of Rapid Action Force (RAF), quick response team including fire tenders have been deputed to keep strict vigil on anti-social elements. Out of 808 polling booths in Ranchi, 336 polling booths have been considered most sensitive while 281 polling booths have been demarcated under vulnerable category. 191 polling booths are normal booths.
At Bundu Block, seven polling booths have been demarcated under vulnerable category. 16 polling booths are there at Bundu Block.
Ranchi SSP, Kuldeep Dwivedi assured that police personnel are on toes to ensure proper law and order situation. Dwivedi further added that no additional assistance of paramilitary forces have been taken, Jharkhand Police is solely managing this civic poll affair. Meanwhile, Sadar SDO, Anjali Yadav said, “Miscreants are on district administration’s radar. The raid proceedings will continue. To ensure that Model Code of Conduct is not being violated by any candidate, groups, political parties or a person specific, videography of polling booths will be done while magistrates will be present at the polling centers.”
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun