- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
ATS camps at Steel City
Following the arrest of suspected city-based suspected operative of Al Qaeda in Indian Subcontinent (AQIS) Zishan Ali by special cell of Delhi police's anti-terrorist unit from Saudi Arabia, the steel city has come into focus of various investigating agencies,, including National Investigating Agency (NIA) and Anti-terrorist Squad, Jharkhand.
Sources in the agencies informed that the steel city is slowly emerging as a breeding ground of Islamic radicals and also a safe haven for harbouring ultras.
A team of ATS, Jharkhand is camping at the steel city to keep vigil on the movement and further developments.
"We are on duty to keep vigil on the movement of suspected people. After the arrest of Zishan, who is a resident of Zakirnagar in Mango, the ATS, Jharkhand has become more active. There are about 28 more suspected Islamic radicals in the city. We have to reach these radicalised youths soon," said an official of the ATS, Jharkhand requesting anonymity.
The official said they would bring Zishan to Jamshedpur on transit remand once his interrogation by the special cell of Delhi police's anti-terrorist unit is over.
Senior superintendent of police, Anoop T Mathew said they were in touch with the ATS, Jharkhand and also the ATS, Delhi over the development after the arrest of Zishan.
"We are playing our part and have put the police department on alert after the arrest of Zishan from Saudi Arabia. We will act on the output received from the interrogation of the suspected AQIS operative," said senior SP.
Significantly, sources in the intelligence agency claimed Zishan, Abdul Rahman Katki, Mohammed Kalimuddin used to rope in youngsters for adopting radical path. Katki who is a resident of Odisha, used to run a madarsa at Kalimuddin's house in Zakirnagar. But Kalimuddin managed to flee the city along with his son Mohammed Ufeza in December 2015 when the special cell of Delhi police's anti-terrorist unit nabbed Katki.
After Kalimuddin escaped, the Delhi police had arrested a city youth Abdul Sami from Haryanan on December 18 and ATS, Jharkhand arrested Masood Ahmed (38) from his house in Dhatkidih.
The suspected AQIS operative, is Syed Zishan Ali (34) son of Syed Riqubul Haider Ali, a resident of Holding No 40 on Road No 14, West Zakirnagar in Mango. Ali was a student of DBMS English School and had gone to Pune for higher studies.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal