- Office of profit: Prez OKs disqualification of 20 AAP MLAs
- Develop a US-style online platform to sell bad loans: Acharya
- WEF preps for Modi mantra with tastes of India, twists of yoga
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy over cross-border firing
- No one can touch a woman without her consent: Delhi court
- No fresh firing by Pakistan along LoC, IB overnight
- UNSC sanctions monitoring team to visit Pak this week
- Bawana fire: Police nabbed factory owner
Be people-friendly, cops told
Stressing on the need to fill gaps between police and public, Governor Droupadi Murmu today asked police to be sensitive while dealing with the people. The Governor, while speaking during the 15th Jharkhand State Police Duty Meet at JAP Ground in Ranchi on Tuesday also said that the Police will also have to strengthen its intelligence network to win confidence of the people.
“Policemen should not only deal politely with the people, but they should also register their complaints with sensitivity, making an effort to solve them readily,” said the Governor. It is the job of every policeman to discharge their duties with dedication, honesty and integrity to win hearts of the people, she added.
The Governor further added that investigation process also needs to be made more effective to get control over law and order situation and the State Government should adopt newly introduced modern techniques of investigations being adopted at the national level.
“Efforts must be made that all criminals are behind the bars and lawful action is taken against them,” said the Governor. Law and order has been a great challenge for the Police and hence every policeman should be ready to discharge his duties with all dedication, she said.
“I expect everyone taking part in it that whatever they learn here, will use further in the investigation processes while discharging their duties,” she said. Stressing on improving the information network, the Governor said that the Police must also try to establish coordination between police and public so that they could help in reaching out to the criminals.
DGP DK Pandey, also addressing the gathering of policemen said that since women security was priority of the State Government, liaisoning officers have been appointed by the State Police who have been going to Schools and Colleges and making the girls aware about their rights and security.
“Out of the total of 6,000 appointments made recently in Jharkhand Armed Police, 33 per cent of them have been ensured for the women. Jharkhand Police will have a different face in the days to come,” said Pandey. 6,000 more recruitments are to be done very soon in the Police Department for which merit will be only the criteria for being selected, he added.
The DGP also informed that before 2014, there were no Prosecution Directorate due to which there had been low conviction rate in the State, but after that the conviction rate in the State has definitely been increased reaching up to 27 per cent as against the national percentage of 24.5 per cent.
“Not a single criminal will be away from the clutches of police in the days to come,” said Pandey.
A total of seven regional teams are participating in the Meet and the best teams will be awarded with Over All Championship (Winner and Runner) Trophies along with Individual Champion and Individual Runner up Trophy. Contestants taking part in the competition will have to go through tests in 10 policing related subjects.
- Street play on gender equality staged 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- CM sends Rs 35.22 cr with a click 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- AIIMS observes fourth foundation day 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- BJP, Cong neck and neck in MP civic poll results 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Public lecture on Master of the Roster to be held at Vivekananda Library today 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ‚ÄėNCERT Quiz‚Äô to be held today at Central Library 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Underground parking in Nagar Zone to be opened for traders 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ensure reconstruction of bad roads, pipelines: CM 21 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Observer submits report on Baijayant to Naveen 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJD sweeps ULB, GP by-elections 21 Jan 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar