- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
BJP’s show of strength at ex-MLA home
It was a show of strength by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the name of Milan Samaroh at the home ground of their old stalwart from Barkagaon Assembly constituency ex-MLA Loknath Mahto who had left the party just a fort night ago. The packed premises of Guru Dayal Mahto girls high school was a reply to the critics who were quoting the exit of Loknath as a big loss to the party.
In this Milan samaroh, the young turk of kushwaha society of Barkagaon-Keredari area Baleshwar kumar joined BJP along with his supporters. About 2,000 supporters, mostly from JVM, joined BJP with Baleshwar during this ceremony. Retd Police Inspector and a respectable personality of the area Mukutdhari Prasad Mehta also joined BJP along with his more than thousand supporters.
Welcoming the new entrants in the party MP Yashwant Sinha said that BJP is a national party having a collective leadership and you all will get proper respect and responsibility in this party. President Ravindra Roy welcomed Baleshwar, Mukutdhari and their supporters and said that BJP has always given more than expectations to his workers but it is unfortunate that our two old fellows has chosen caste and money in place of prestige. Vice-President Deepak Prakash, Rakesh Prasad, District president Tunnu Gope and others also spoke on this occasion.
Addressing the gathering Baleshwar and Mukutdhari said that they have chosen BJP because it is a national party and there is no anarchy here. They said that the nation needs Narendra Modi and Jharkhand needs leader like Yashwant so they have joined the party. They promised to keep the party flag high in Barkagaon assembly constituency as well as in Hazaribagh and entire Jharkhand.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Employees, farmers resort to civil disobedience 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Violence in hosps: Is it just part of docs’ job? 06 Oct 2015 | SUNDEEP MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- My women characters never admit defeat 06 Oct 2015 | SUGYAN CHOUDHURY | in Bhubaneswar
- Five-day Durga puja in Cuttack from Oct 20 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Puri civic body staffs call off stir 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pay Rs3K, get your child’s age lowered 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong demands whitepaper on drought 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- SP urges CM to check price rise 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Displaced farmers stage stir at Kujang 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Employees oppose Centre’s insurance Bill 06 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
06 Oct 2015 | PNS | NAYAGARH
Demanding payment of arrears and reopening of the Nayagarh Sugar Mill, employees of the mill and members of the Akhu Chasi Mahasangh and Krushak Sangh under the banner of the Nayagarh Chinikala Banchao Kriyanusthana Committee resorted to civil disobedience in front of the Nayagarh Collectorate here on Monday. The agitators also locked up the main gate of the Collector office...
There is clear evidence where all the Taliban leadership is based. It is in Pakistan. Who is helping them, coaching them?
They that possess the skills to be within notes and sounds independent of any other input, are the blessed. We are not.
Israel is waging a fight to the death against Palestinian terror. This includes speeded-up demolition of terrorists' homes.