- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP’s show of strength at ex-MLA home
It was a show of strength by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the name of Milan Samaroh at the home ground of their old stalwart from Barkagaon Assembly constituency ex-MLA Loknath Mahto who had left the party just a fort night ago. The packed premises of Guru Dayal Mahto girls high school was a reply to the critics who were quoting the exit of Loknath as a big loss to the party.
In this Milan samaroh, the young turk of kushwaha society of Barkagaon-Keredari area Baleshwar kumar joined BJP along with his supporters. About 2,000 supporters, mostly from JVM, joined BJP with Baleshwar during this ceremony. Retd Police Inspector and a respectable personality of the area Mukutdhari Prasad Mehta also joined BJP along with his more than thousand supporters.
Welcoming the new entrants in the party MP Yashwant Sinha said that BJP is a national party having a collective leadership and you all will get proper respect and responsibility in this party. President Ravindra Roy welcomed Baleshwar, Mukutdhari and their supporters and said that BJP has always given more than expectations to his workers but it is unfortunate that our two old fellows has chosen caste and money in place of prestige. Vice-President Deepak Prakash, Rakesh Prasad, District president Tunnu Gope and others also spoke on this occasion.
Addressing the gathering Baleshwar and Mukutdhari said that they have chosen BJP because it is a national party and there is no anarchy here. They said that the nation needs Narendra Modi and Jharkhand needs leader like Yashwant so they have joined the party. They promised to keep the party flag high in Barkagaon assembly constituency as well as in Hazaribagh and entire Jharkhand.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM raises question over PM”s idea of cashless society 05 Dec 2016 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Muslim offers land for BJP’s Parivartan rally at Bahraich 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya slams launch of incomplete projects by SP Govt 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- “Sulabh towards villages” campaign launched in Jaunpur 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Paddy procurement lags behind in Nuapada dist 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Villagers protest inclusion in greater Rourkela plan 05 Dec 2016 | Malay ray | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Remove road hoardings, encroachments by Dec 10’ 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PCC chief opens rural poll campaign in N’pada 05 Dec 2016 | Ajit Panda | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC puts Chief Secy, four DMs on notice 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP demands Talcher civic body chief scalp 05 Dec 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
People of Punjab have discarded Arvind Kejriwal. The Aam Aadmi Party is a gone case in the State. He has been rejected already.
I kind of figured out that no matter how hard I work, it is going to be hard to get the 200-metre world record.
I think it's a little over the line (for a US President-elect) to tell somebody: ‘I will play whatever role you want me to play'.