- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
BJP’s show of strength at ex-MLA home
It was a show of strength by Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) in the name of Milan Samaroh at the home ground of their old stalwart from Barkagaon Assembly constituency ex-MLA Loknath Mahto who had left the party just a fort night ago. The packed premises of Guru Dayal Mahto girls high school was a reply to the critics who were quoting the exit of Loknath as a big loss to the party.
In this Milan samaroh, the young turk of kushwaha society of Barkagaon-Keredari area Baleshwar kumar joined BJP along with his supporters. About 2,000 supporters, mostly from JVM, joined BJP with Baleshwar during this ceremony. Retd Police Inspector and a respectable personality of the area Mukutdhari Prasad Mehta also joined BJP along with his more than thousand supporters.
Welcoming the new entrants in the party MP Yashwant Sinha said that BJP is a national party having a collective leadership and you all will get proper respect and responsibility in this party. President Ravindra Roy welcomed Baleshwar, Mukutdhari and their supporters and said that BJP has always given more than expectations to his workers but it is unfortunate that our two old fellows has chosen caste and money in place of prestige. Vice-President Deepak Prakash, Rakesh Prasad, District president Tunnu Gope and others also spoke on this occasion.
Addressing the gathering Baleshwar and Mukutdhari said that they have chosen BJP because it is a national party and there is no anarchy here. They said that the nation needs Narendra Modi and Jharkhand needs leader like Yashwant so they have joined the party. They promised to keep the party flag high in Barkagaon assembly constituency as well as in Hazaribagh and entire Jharkhand.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Stop promoting ‘donkeys of Gujrat’ appeals CM 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Campaigning for forth phase of UP polls ends today 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Political conspiracy to tarnish his image says Prajapati on rape charges 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM openly supporting criminals, rapists: Pathak 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- People will give befitting reply to ‘political terrorism’: Rajendra Chaudhaury 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- IF elected BJP will expedite construction of Ram Temple: Katiyar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- After three phases of UP polls, it is clear BJP will form Govt: Javedkar 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- PM polarizing polls on communal lines: Congress 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP seeks judicial probe into poll code violation 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Re-poll at Athagarh booths demanded 21 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.