- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Bokaro police search for Maoists at Jhumra
Bokaro police along with 26th battalion of CRPF continued to search the villages surrounding 20 km located in the wilderness looking for Maoists cadres in the Jhumra forest in Bokaro. The massive combing operation was led by Bokaro Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh and CRPF commandant of the battalion Akhlesh Kumar Singh was going on in the surrounding areas however without any breakthrough.
According to police sources a company of special Cobra battalion, JAP, CRPF along with other forces accumulated from local police stations were rushed to the Jhumra area on Saturday morning and conducted search operations which continued till Saturday evening. However, sources revealed that police having input on Thursday-Friday evening a band of about 30-40 cadres who appeared to be in 20 to 25 years of the age group had entered in the area of Jhumra under the Gomia police station .They were also accompanied by few women cadres.
In villages close to Baltharwa and Jhumra, a combing operation was being led by the SP. During the search operation at Baltharwa village, YS Ramesh met with some villagers and also asked about their grievances. The local villagers told the police chief that they lack essential need like water and electricity specially in summers. While the SP assured them to look into the matter along with the district administration to redress grievance of the villagers as soon as possible, sources said.
However, the CRPF and local police had distributed several domestic items among the villagers in Jhumra. CRPF men deployed at the camp gained confidence of the villagers by distributing essential items under their civic action programme.
- New Government targeting officials of particular caste: Akhilesh 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State Govt suspends Himanshu Kumar 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- State gears up for another poll 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP Govt to construct Kailash Mansarovar Bhawan 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- BJP nat’l executive meet in city on April 15 and 16 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Pradhan wants State to hold talks on IOCL VAT row 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nuapada HIV+ women denied hosp delivery 26 Mar 2017 | AJIT PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Odia Week to be held from Odia New Yr 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PPT’s cleaning drive enters day 10 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Talsara MLA aide alleges attempted murder 26 Mar 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar