- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Bokaro police search for Maoists at Jhumra
Bokaro police along with 26th battalion of CRPF continued to search the villages surrounding 20 km located in the wilderness looking for Maoists cadres in the Jhumra forest in Bokaro. The massive combing operation was led by Bokaro Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh and CRPF commandant of the battalion Akhlesh Kumar Singh was going on in the surrounding areas however without any breakthrough.
According to police sources a company of special Cobra battalion, JAP, CRPF along with other forces accumulated from local police stations were rushed to the Jhumra area on Saturday morning and conducted search operations which continued till Saturday evening. However, sources revealed that police having input on Thursday-Friday evening a band of about 30-40 cadres who appeared to be in 20 to 25 years of the age group had entered in the area of Jhumra under the Gomia police station .They were also accompanied by few women cadres.
In villages close to Baltharwa and Jhumra, a combing operation was being led by the SP. During the search operation at Baltharwa village, YS Ramesh met with some villagers and also asked about their grievances. The local villagers told the police chief that they lack essential need like water and electricity specially in summers. While the SP assured them to look into the matter along with the district administration to redress grievance of the villagers as soon as possible, sources said.
However, the CRPF and local police had distributed several domestic items among the villagers in Jhumra. CRPF men deployed at the camp gained confidence of the villagers by distributing essential items under their civic action programme.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun