- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Bokaro police search for Maoists at Jhumra
Bokaro police along with 26th battalion of CRPF continued to search the villages surrounding 20 km located in the wilderness looking for Maoists cadres in the Jhumra forest in Bokaro. The massive combing operation was led by Bokaro Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh and CRPF commandant of the battalion Akhlesh Kumar Singh was going on in the surrounding areas however without any breakthrough.
According to police sources a company of special Cobra battalion, JAP, CRPF along with other forces accumulated from local police stations were rushed to the Jhumra area on Saturday morning and conducted search operations which continued till Saturday evening. However, sources revealed that police having input on Thursday-Friday evening a band of about 30-40 cadres who appeared to be in 20 to 25 years of the age group had entered in the area of Jhumra under the Gomia police station .They were also accompanied by few women cadres.
In villages close to Baltharwa and Jhumra, a combing operation was being led by the SP. During the search operation at Baltharwa village, YS Ramesh met with some villagers and also asked about their grievances. The local villagers told the police chief that they lack essential need like water and electricity specially in summers. While the SP assured them to look into the matter along with the district administration to redress grievance of the villagers as soon as possible, sources said.
However, the CRPF and local police had distributed several domestic items among the villagers in Jhumra. CRPF men deployed at the camp gained confidence of the villagers by distributing essential items under their civic action programme.
- Chouhan to return from US on Oct 28 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Martyrs' kin to get Rs 1 cr 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Statue of CISF official unveiled at BHEL 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hridya Drishyam a hit on Day 1 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- 1 dead, 1 injured as bus hits bike 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bhai Dooj: Women protest at Central Jail 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- State's boy to lead India in 7th Sultan Johar Cup 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Inbrief 22 Oct 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Poppy husk worth Rs 3.51 cr seized, 3 arrested 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Steps taken to ensure safety of tourists during Jal-Mahotsava 22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal