Bokaro police search for Maoists at Jhumra
Bokaro police along with 26th battalion of CRPF continued to search the villages surrounding 20 km located in the wilderness looking for Maoists cadres in the Jhumra forest in Bokaro. The massive combing operation was led by Bokaro Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh and CRPF commandant of the battalion Akhlesh Kumar Singh was going on in the surrounding areas however without any breakthrough.
According to police sources a company of special Cobra battalion, JAP, CRPF along with other forces accumulated from local police stations were rushed to the Jhumra area on Saturday morning and conducted search operations which continued till Saturday evening. However, sources revealed that police having input on Thursday-Friday evening a band of about 30-40 cadres who appeared to be in 20 to 25 years of the age group had entered in the area of Jhumra under the Gomia police station .They were also accompanied by few women cadres.
In villages close to Baltharwa and Jhumra, a combing operation was being led by the SP. During the search operation at Baltharwa village, YS Ramesh met with some villagers and also asked about their grievances. The local villagers told the police chief that they lack essential need like water and electricity specially in summers. While the SP assured them to look into the matter along with the district administration to redress grievance of the villagers as soon as possible, sources said.
However, the CRPF and local police had distributed several domestic items among the villagers in Jhumra. CRPF men deployed at the camp gained confidence of the villagers by distributing essential items under their civic action programme.
- Jayant Sinha assures enquiry into Zaira case 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM praises Kalchuri Samaj, establishes venture fund 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Shooters apprehended by cops in Gautam Ngr 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Kathak performed at Jashn-e-Urdu 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Burglary in Pragati Nagar 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Human rights issue dealt with utmost seriousness: Mishra 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- SEZ in Indore 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Ma Sabri temple to be constructed: Chouhan 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 11 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Ballooning to celebrate Spirit of Adventure 11 Dec 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal