Bokaro police search for Maoists at Jhumra
Bokaro police along with 26th battalion of CRPF continued to search the villages surrounding 20 km located in the wilderness looking for Maoists cadres in the Jhumra forest in Bokaro. The massive combing operation was led by Bokaro Superintendent of Police YS Ramesh and CRPF commandant of the battalion Akhlesh Kumar Singh was going on in the surrounding areas however without any breakthrough.
According to police sources a company of special Cobra battalion, JAP, CRPF along with other forces accumulated from local police stations were rushed to the Jhumra area on Saturday morning and conducted search operations which continued till Saturday evening. However, sources revealed that police having input on Thursday-Friday evening a band of about 30-40 cadres who appeared to be in 20 to 25 years of the age group had entered in the area of Jhumra under the Gomia police station .They were also accompanied by few women cadres.
In villages close to Baltharwa and Jhumra, a combing operation was being led by the SP. During the search operation at Baltharwa village, YS Ramesh met with some villagers and also asked about their grievances. The local villagers told the police chief that they lack essential need like water and electricity specially in summers. While the SP assured them to look into the matter along with the district administration to redress grievance of the villagers as soon as possible, sources said.
However, the CRPF and local police had distributed several domestic items among the villagers in Jhumra. CRPF men deployed at the camp gained confidence of the villagers by distributing essential items under their civic action programme.
- State Govt to cancel holidays on birth and death anniversaries of eminent personalities 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yogi Govt to hold one week assembly session from may 15 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Yogi Govt sets up anti-land mafia task force 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM expresses grief over death of CRPF’s personnel 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maintaining law and order will be the top priority: DGP Sulkhan Singh 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SC sets May 2 for hearing on Mahanadi dispute 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Babula consciously avoiding presence’ 26 Apr 2017 | PABITRA SENAPATY | in Bhubaneswar
- Heat wave to continue for 3 days in Odisha 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Opp targets BJD after Guv returns BPUT Bill 26 Apr 2017 | SAROJ MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Naveen can’t make Odias vagabonds’ 26 Apr 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar