- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- CM asks supporters to keep off from SP first family’s dispute 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP calls organisation and state executive meeting 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Rita Bahuguna Joshi joins BJP 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Raj Babbar says Joshi’s exit would not hamper state Assembly polls 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Maurya asked CM to remove his pictures from ration card 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Brothers brutally battered to death last night 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Hafiz Usman warns officials of Saharanpur Administration 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Paradip Fishing Harbour to be modernized 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- No fire safety in J’suguda DHH, dozen of pvt hosps 21 Oct 2016 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- No B’ngir hosp has fire safety clearance 21 Oct 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
Unlike Hillary Clinton, who's gotten very rich being a politician, peddling American influence, my father (Donald Trump) hasn't.
We are not entertainers. Classical musicians are not entertainers. We take the legacy of classical music forward.
Having Guru Dutt as a cousin, was a great advantage. It was a kind of goal. Because he was a film director, I could also be one.