- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- No need for extra funds this fiscal 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- No intention to hurt people of UP & Bihar: Naik 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- SP fails to improve state’s conditon: Bajpai 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Mehrotra files case agst singh 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Social activists writes to usaman seeking imp info 26 Nov 2015 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- Fresh bout of unrest in B'pur Varsity 26 Nov 2015 | KRUSHNA CHANDRA PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Illegal sand lifting rampant in Birupa 26 Nov 2015 | JYOTIRANJAN RAJARAM PANDA | in Bhubaneswar
- Paradip Port to handle 100 MTPA in 3 years 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parts of M'giri hit by Maoist bandh 26 Nov 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 19 rare turtles in illegal confinement rescued 26 Nov 2015 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
Hugging Lalu Prasad is not okay. It's good that I left Arvind's company, or else I would also be facing a similar predicament.
Actors like Amitabh Bachchan, Salman Khan and Anil Kapoor are doing television. It shows the medium is not small.
Some people are raking up the intolerance issue to thwart our chances of getting permanent membership of UNSC.