- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
- Previous Govts indulged in business of illegally acquiring lands: CM 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Himachal would emerge as natural farming state: Guv 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Now it is mandatory to link PMAY beneficiary with geo-tagging 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Ayushman Bharat Yojana will be expanded: Khattar 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Tara given life imprisonment 18 Mar 2018 | PTI | in Bhopal
- Minister‚Äôs daughter-in-law commits suicide at Udaypura 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Interactive session with intellectuals, scribes held for Gwalior trade fair 18 Mar 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 2-day national level working model contest Nirmaan2k18 concludes 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Farmers forced to dump tomatoes, feed them to cattle for poor rates, says Ajay Singh 18 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal