- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- ‘Mahaparayan’ to transport dead body launched 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Kerala seeks power support from Odisha 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Central Govt seeks report on inactiveness of dalit corporation 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Frequent power cuts: Bandh observed at Udala 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Umesh Singh takes over as new ECoR GM 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CM to attend B’luru Investors’ Meet today 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Tumari Smrutire’ kicks off to pay tribute to Sanjukta 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- PRI polls: Opp still has to do lots of homework 26 Aug 2016 | LALIT MOHAN MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Bhekti seeds ranching in Chilika planned 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- VHP seeks Laxmananada killers punished soon 26 Aug 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.