- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Bunds save erosion-prone hillock 07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | in Bhubaneswar
- K’pada HIV-hit widow yet to get IAY house 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- R’gada CRPF Swachchh drive shows the way 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nurse suspended for ‘killing’ pregnant woman at Baripada 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Parala MLA to stage fast on October 13 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Declassify files on Subhas, Jayaprakash, PM urged 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- B’swar NH normal as truckers call off stir 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Child theft rumour: Five beaten cruelly in J’suguda 07 Oct 2015 | RAJKUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman’s body found at JSpur rail line 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Demand for RDC branch at Jeypore mounts 07 Oct 2015 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
07 Oct 2015 | SRIKANTA TRIPATHY | BHUBANESWAR
A lush green hillock, where fast soil erosion was posing a threat to its very existence, was given a fresh leash of life, thanks to nearly a dozen of stone bunds raised at the vulnerable points near the foothill in Dhenkanal district. The hillock in the Dhenkanal-Keonjhar border along Garhpalasuni-Pangatira road under Mahabiroad forest range would have perished within a few years like any other of its ilk in the vicinity...
We need to rise above these kinds of incidents (Dadri lynching) because they don't give a good name to the country.
Every superstar has some insecurity. That is why a superstar is in search of new subjects. Insecurity is everywhere.
We are keeping an eye on hate-mongers. They orchestrated riots in Muzaffarnagar and are trying it in other parts of the State.