- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Is BJP’s 2019 eureka moment a reality now? 19 Feb 2017 | SANJEEV KUMAR PATRO | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP wins 5 of 8 B’swar ZP seats in 3rd phase 19 Feb 2017 | Ubachak Mohanty | in Bhubaneswar
- J’khand CM, Oram, Pradhan campaign in Mayurbhanj 19 Feb 2017 | Kavi Vishnu Satpathy | in Bhubaneswar
- Govt wants GI tag for Sambalpuri Saree 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Playboy officer who rolled in luxury at public cost 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- A’garh MLA attacked by villagers 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CBI Jt Director meets DGP 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 6 die, 4 critical as truck overturns in K’handi 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- BJP accuses ADGP of protecting BJD goons 19 Feb 2017 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Congress sweeps ZP polls in Jharsuguda 19 Feb 2017 | RAJ KUMAR SHARMA | in Bhubaneswar
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
It is Sasikala's family which has taken over the reins of Government. We have received Amma’s blessing to oust the regime.
If an actor is not doing commercial films, it doesn’t mean that he or she has no work to do at all. I have been busy.
Wall Street Journal story is dead wrong and impugns the integrity of professional intelligence officers by peddling gossip.