- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Campaigning ends, Ranchi goes to polls tomorrow
When the clock hit 3 on Saturday, all the vehicles with blaring loudspeakers came to screeching halt and made their way to depots signalling the end of campaigning for the municipal election 2013.
As per the rules, campaigning for any election shall stop 48 hours before the end of the voting time on the designated day. Ranchi is scheduled to go on polls on April 8.
The State Election Commission had made it clear on Friday that they will start monitoring campaign and related advertisements and will take actions if any candidate is found guilty of violating the rule. A special monitoring cell has also been established to monitor such activities.
Rules also prohibit advertisements featuring candidates in print or electronic media stipulates penal actions such disqualification for violating the same.
The culmination of campaigning marks the onset of the reverse countdown for the elections. Back to their shelters the candidates have started assessing the situation in their respective wards post campaigning.
“We are satisfied with our campaigning efforts, said Sunil Kumar Gupta adding “We connected ourselves with almost every household in ward 31 so winning is just a formality.”
However, some candidates were candid enough to admit tough competition despite putting best efforts in the campaign. “I am keeping my fingers crossed as anything can happen in my ward,” said a contestant.
MORE State Editions NEWS
- Survey exposes poor state of farmers in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- weekly roundups 25 Jul 2016 | BAIDYANATH MISHRA | in Bhubaneswar
- Maoists call Kandhamal, R’gada bandh today 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 3 new battalions to tackle Maoists 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NCST report on K’mal killings 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Centre asks for non-coal mining pollution report 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- OSPCB slaps closure notice on 10 Puri hotels 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- NHRC directs personal appearance of Health Secy 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 BJP leaders ousted from city unit 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Dengue toll rises to five in State 25 Jul 2016 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
aThe Modi Government is not concerned about the people of Kashmir as he was not present either in the Lok Sabha or the Rajya Sabha when the issue was discussed.
I just enjoy what I do, I don't really strive for perfection, I don't feel pressurised by the competition.
In preventive diplomacy and resolution of conflict, the UN’s role is to put people together. Hopefully, we will resolve this (Kashmir) conflict.