- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
Cardiology doctors issued showcause
Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) Acting Director RK Srivastava issued Show Cause notices to two Cardiology department senior doctors on Saturday giving them time of 24 hours to reply about the brawl that took place between them on Friday. However, sources said that the fight between two doctors could unearth unethical practices since long time and could resolve the issue once and for all.
Srivastava, at the same time, admitted that the accusations against one of the Cardiology Department doctors involved in scuffle, Head of the Department Hemant Narayan Rai, was unfortunately not new for the hospital and former Director BL Sherwal too was aware of it.
A copy of one such complaint made to RIMS Director on January 6 by RIMS Cardiology Department Assistant Professor Dr Praveen Kumar Srivastava is available with the Pioneer in which he charged Dr Rai of unethical and unskilled works done by the latter. “Dr Hemant Narayan, HoD Cardiology doesn’t know how to perform percutaneous angioplasty. From last seven years he is trying to learn interventional procedures at the cost of patients’ lives. Lots of such cases were witnessed in past and multiple complaints have been filed regarding the same,” said letter of Dr Srivastava to RIMS Director.
Notably, Rai and Dr Prakash Kumar sustained injuries after a fight between them erupted over the issue of allowing a visiting doctor from Delhi to conduct a heart surgery of a RIMS patient. The incident took place at catheterisation lab in the afternoon when Dr Kumar objected to Dr Roy’s alleged practice of allowing visiting practitioner to conduct surgery and said that any outsider doctor shouldn’t be allowed to conduct surgery in a government hospital without consent of hospital authorities.
“The issue is not new and Dr Rai keeps on doing this. He keeps on calling outsider doctors at his will to conduct cardiac procedures whenever he finds himself getting exposed of not knowing even some of the angioplasty procedures. Even many doctors have written to the RIMS authorities earlier also about his malpractices, but he has never been framed,” said a doctor familiar with RIMS Cardiology Department activities, seeking anonymity.
“The charge against Dr Rai of calling outsider doctors on occasions is not new. Such complaints against him were made to former Director BL Sherwal also and I don’t know what happened to them. A formal complaint to me has been made for the first time and I have issued showcause notices to both the doctors involved in brawl. I shall take action based upon their replies,” said Acting Director Srivastava. Dr Rai was not approachable to clarify his stand on the matter on Saturday.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun