CCL registers 15% growth in coal production in Sept
In the first six months of the current financial year, 2017-18, CCL witnessed growth of 24.5 per cent in coal dispatch and 7.5 per cent in rake loading. In September alone, CCL registered unprecedented growth of 15 per cent in coal production. The supply to the Power Plants by CCL has recorded double digit growth of 17.8 per cent during the above period.
This growth story has not been achieved overnight, but is the result of systematic and strategic planning, followed up by near perfect execution. With the focus to ease the existing logistics, bottlenecks particularly one related to coal evacuation infrastructure, CCL management in collaboration with other State agencies has been making efforts in this direction persistently. A recent example of the these endeavour, are the three sidings namely Rajdhar Line I & II and Charhi Goods Shed, which have been added in CCL portfolio during last three months to augment supplies to consumers.
Rajdhar Line I & II was scheduled to be operational in 1998. However, due to law and order issues and other operational hurdles, this project got delayed repeatedly. The speed of construction gathered pace during the last two years. This is the 7th Greenfield project launched during the last four years under the leadership of Shri Gopal Singh. Further, to augment coal dispatch, another Greenfield project was conceived likely to be commissioned by October, 2017. This will further augment coal supply to the the consumer. CCL is going to start loading from another upcoming siding namely New Kuju very shortly.
Another, Charhi Goods Shed has been taken over from Indian Railway to strengthen the evacuation infrastructure and coal is being dispatched to consumer.
Under CMD Gopal Singh CCL has turned into one of the fastest growing PSU with record CAGR of 10.2 per cent. CCL has seen long lasting transformational changes, motivated employees, planned, executed and completed projects and many more ground breaking feats. Now, Coal India too under his leadership has registered comprehensive growth of 10 per cent, 24 per cent and 16 per cent in Coal Production, OB Removal and Coal Dispatch respectively in September. The foundation for a strong performance in FY18 has been laid in September. All parameters showed a positive upturn.
- Himalayan region shows lack of political will: Chipko leader 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM meets Javadekar, Prasad 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Working committee meeting to be held in State on Dec 17 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Ex CM Rawat confuses people: Ajay Bhatt 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Minister listens to people‚Äôs grievances at Janata Milan 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Margin money a concern for Rural Bus applicants 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Student leaders seek removal of Exam controller 12 Dec 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Nothing but waste of public money 12 Dec 2017 | Gp Semwal | in Dehradun
- Seth holds meeting for Khadi, Saras Mela 12 Dec 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Villagers angry as Gairsain debate lingers on 12 Dec 2017 | Gajendra Singh Negi | in Dehradun