- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
CCL seminar on media held
Central Coalfields Limited (CCL) on Tuesday organised a seminar on ‘Indian Democracy and importance of media in society’ to mark the celebration of 70 years of Indian Parliamentary Democracy here at Mahatma Gandhi Kridaangan, Gandhi Nagar Colony, Kanke Road, Ranchi. The company has organised five-day long Exhibition-cum-seminar on 'New India- We Resolve to Make' in association with Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, supported by DAVP and Song & Drama Division (Ministry of Information & Broadcasting).
Director (Pers), CCL R S Mahapatro was the Chief Guest of the function. Harinaraya Rai (Principal Editor, Azad Sipahi), Madhukar (Sr. Journalist), Chandan Mishra (News Editor, Hindustan) and Anupam Sheshank (Resident Editor, The Pioneer, Ranchi) were the key speakers of the programme. As a tradition of the company, Director (Pers) felicitated them by giving preamble, memento and bouquet. TS to Director (Pers), P Bhattacharya, GM (CD&CSR), Uday Shankar, GM(HRD) G S Bhati, school teachers, students and others were present.
Mahapatro in his speech said that the media has been playing a very important role in shaping the mindset of society as well as maintaining integrity of a healthy democracy. He further said that the media makes us aware of the dynamics of outside world including various fields like social, political, economical, sports activities etc. It is like the mirror of a society, which shows us or strives to show us the bare truth and harsh realities of life,” Mahapatro said.
Madhukar, Senior Journalist stressed that the media has undoubtedly evolved and become more active over the years. He further said that the media also exposes loopholes in the democratic system, which ultimately helps government in filling the vacuums of loopholes and making a system more accountable, responsive and citizen-friendly. Madhukar said that journalists should continue to work like social activist in the large interest of the society.
Harinaryan Rai in his speech explained in detail different roles of media pre and post-Independence. He talked about the commercialization of media which has now a day created a stiff competition in media houses. “It’s the media only who reminds politicians about their unfulfilled promises. From being just an informer it has become an integral part of our daily lives,” Harinaryan Rai said.
Anupam Sheshank stressed that it is important that media should raise itself up to the aspirations of the people for which it is meant to be. He further said that media is like a watchdog in a democratic country that keeps government active round the clock.
Chandan Mishra said that one cannot think of a democracy without active and neutral media. He pointed out that with the passage of time it has become a more matured and a more responsible entity playing truly role of the Fourth Estate. “The present media revolution has helped people in making an informed decisions and this has led to beginning of a new era in a democracy. A democracy without media is like a vehicle without wheels,” Mishra said.
The debate competition among school and college students was organized in which 45 students participated. The day ended up with a cultural programs including folk song, skit etc.
The programme was moderated by Deepak Kumar, HOD, Public Relations Dept and Vote of thanks was proposed by J Tiwary, General Manager(Quality Management), CCL. Manager (Pers) Alok Kumar and his team played crucial role in organizing five-day long Exhibition-cum-Seminar.
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- IN BRIEF 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 3 killed, 2 injured in road mishap 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 900 villages get wi-fi: IT Dept 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand may withdraw consent to DBT in ration 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 arrested in gangrape case 23 Jun 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Woman who accused cop of destroying her married life commits suicide 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Need to continuously adapt to evolving technology: Aman 23 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Veteran leader Bagun Sumbrui passes away 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM for easy loans to marginalised sections 23 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi