Central board gives nod to Kanhar Barrage project
The advisory committee of the Centre has given approval to the Rs 1908 crore Kanhar Barrage proposal today. Union Water Resources Secretary chaired a high level meeting in New Delhi on Monday. The meeting was attended by senior offcials from Minstries of Finance, Energy, Agriculture, Forest and Environment, Niti Ayog and chairman of Central Water Commission. A presentation was given by Chief Engineers of the Water Resources department of Jharkhand headed by Additional Chief Seceretary of the department DK Tiwari on government’s irrigation project Kanhar Barrage.
The Kanhar Barrage project in Garhwa district of the State will benefit 27.4 lakh people in the State. The project will provide surplus water to several water reservoirs, ahars, ponds and other water bodies to free the arid area from drought like situation.
According to the project a barrage would be constructed at Khuri village of Ranka Block in Garhwa district.
A 17.10 Km long canal would be made from the barrage to reach Lawadoni, where a dam of maximum water level of 308 metre would be constructed. Two canals would be made measuring 82.22kms and 46.97 kms of length and irrigation in 53283 hectare area would be made available.
The project is said to be a boon for the dought affecte Garhwa district as 10 blocks of the district Meral, Ramna, Dandai, Nagaruntari, Bishunpura, Kandi, Majhiaon, Ketar and Bhawnathpur and Chainpur block of Palamu district would get benefitted by the project.
The project will also provide drinking water and wter for new industries.
Notably, not a single person will be displaced from the sinking area of the project.
- UTC to use 180 buses to ferry Yoga participants 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Implement transfer act properly, says CS 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- INBRIEF 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stage set for World Yoga Day celebrations 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Lac producers to get new lease of life 21 Jun 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- Guv distributes Cryo machines at Santhal Pargana 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Minister opens online checkpost 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM pushes for doubling farm income in State 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM Das‚Äô land loot barb against Sorens 21 Jun 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CAIT team thanks CM for providing relief in E-Way Bill 21 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur