- ED attaches Rs 1.16cr assets of Karti, firm allegedly linked to him
- Amit Shah slams Rahul for defending dynastic politics
- World's former heaviest woman dies in Abu Dhabi
- No split in SP; Mulayam rules out forming new party as of now
- Refused open-jeep roadshow, Rahul's Gujarat campaign begins with bullock-cart yatra
- Sports Ministry recommends shuttler Sindhu for Padma Bhushan
- Crackdown on BHU students: Two police officials removed
- Mukul Roy announces resignation from TMC
- Trump announces new travel restrictions, includes N.Korea
City gets Thalassemia detection, treatment centre
City-based Anurag Foundation a trust working for the welfare of children suffering from Thalassemia inaugurated a Thalassemia detection and treatment centre at at Dr Abhishek's childcare and maternity Hospital on Thursday.
Dr S K Jha, CDMO was the chief guest to inaugurate the Anurag foundation facility at this hospital.
Secretary of the foundation, Vijaylaxmi Das said that Thalassemia is a severe type of Anaemia which cannot be controlled by any medication. It is not a disease but, a genetic disorder passed on from parents who are carriers to the children. Frequent blood transfusions, usually once a month or three weeks are necessary for the survival of the child. It is a lifelong process and is a lifeline for the child. Expensive medicines are required to keep the iron overload balanced in the body during transfusions.
The foundation had established a free blood Transfusion centre in the premises of A.D.M. Hospital where transfusion and related facilities were given free of charge under the guidance of their staff. But now A.D.M.Hospital authorities have conveyed their inability to allow them to work from their premises. Dr Abhishek Childcare and Maternity Hospital ho has offered his place to continue our work under his supervision.
“Jharkhand is a highly Thalassemia- prone Zone. Our aim is to care for the children under our care and work for prevention to make Jharkhand completely free of Thalassemia. We need support from all,” noted another member.
- Various events mark Swacchta Bharat Mission programme 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- IGRMS holds demo of traditional iron smelting 25 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman dies and four others injured in fire mishap 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Laxmi Automobiles organises Khushiyan Har Aangan 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Mayawati targets BJP Govt 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- inbrief 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Loktantra Senanis to carry out march on October 2 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Ujjawala Yojana transformed lives of poor: CM 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Inner Wheel Club organises Dandiya night 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Colleges will remain close today in state 25 Sep 2017 | PNS | in Lucknow