City gets Thalassemia detection, treatment centre
City-based Anurag Foundation a trust working for the welfare of children suffering from Thalassemia inaugurated a Thalassemia detection and treatment centre at at Dr Abhishek's childcare and maternity Hospital on Thursday.
Dr S K Jha, CDMO was the chief guest to inaugurate the Anurag foundation facility at this hospital.
Secretary of the foundation, Vijaylaxmi Das said that Thalassemia is a severe type of Anaemia which cannot be controlled by any medication. It is not a disease but, a genetic disorder passed on from parents who are carriers to the children. Frequent blood transfusions, usually once a month or three weeks are necessary for the survival of the child. It is a lifelong process and is a lifeline for the child. Expensive medicines are required to keep the iron overload balanced in the body during transfusions.
The foundation had established a free blood Transfusion centre in the premises of A.D.M. Hospital where transfusion and related facilities were given free of charge under the guidance of their staff. But now A.D.M.Hospital authorities have conveyed their inability to allow them to work from their premises. Dr Abhishek Childcare and Maternity Hospital ho has offered his place to continue our work under his supervision.
“Jharkhand is a highly Thalassemia- prone Zone. Our aim is to care for the children under our care and work for prevention to make Jharkhand completely free of Thalassemia. We need support from all,” noted another member.
- One more farmer commits suicide 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Death of 17 patients at MY Hospital: Administration yet to explain cause 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Bhopal
- 10% reservation in jobs for statehood activists: PIL referred to three-judge Bench 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Missing case of 17-yr-old boy: HC pulls up police for inaction 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ICAI Bhopal branch holds Yoga Day 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Numbers of swamp deer dwindling: Experts 24 Jun 2017 | Radhika Nagrath | in Dehradun
- Burglars decamp with goods worth Rs 1L in Eintkhedi 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC seeks State’s reply on basic amenities in Govt schools by next week 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Five robbers arrested in 3 days, two bikes seized 24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- In brief 24 Jun 2017 | PNS | in Ranchi