- Indu Malhotra set to be SC judge
- Cong appoints Kamal Nath as MP unit prez, Scindia as campaign chief
- Our "real concern" is fair trial is conducted in Kathua case: SC
- One killed, 17 students injured in school van-tanker collision
- JeM commander killed in Tral gunfight: J&K DGP
- BCCI recommends Kohli for Khel Ratna, Dravid for Dronacharya, Gavaskar for Dhyan Chand
- Development our only agenda: PM tells Karnataka BJP workers
- 13 children killed as train hits school van at unmanned crossing
CM unveils Rs 500 cr plan for Bhadrakali temple in Chatra
Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Saturday said Itkhori, a confluence site of three religions, is being developed as a world-class tourist destination at the cost of Rs 500 crore. The Chief Minister was talking to media persons after a review meeting of the Itikhori Tourism Development Master Plan organised at Dakbangla, Itkhori in Chatra district on Saturday.
Das said the Government is giving priority to the development of industry, agriculture, IT and tourism sector for the all-round development of the State. “Government is making State a world-class tourist destination by promoting cultural and eco-tourism. This will generate employment and end poverty,” he said.
The CM said that the entire master plan of the area has been prepared. “The world’s tallest (30 metre) Buddhist Prayer Wheel will be built in Itkhori, now there is a 26 metre high Prayer wheel is in Qinghaii of China. two river fronts Bhadrakali Ghat and Buddha Ghat will be constructed,” he said.
Das added a circuit will be constructed in Bodh Gaya, Kaleshwari and Itkhori. “The benefit from Foreign exchange will also come from foreign tourists. This will provide employment to local people. Work will start within two-three months. In this regard, the agency has been directed to make DPR. A ropeway of 1.6 kms will be built at Kalshwari Mountain with the cost of Rs 24 crore. Tender process will be started after forest and environment clearance,” said he.
Das said that the names of those people who have donated their land for beautification of the temples will be engraved in flagstones and they will also be honoured by Government. “The government is determined to eliminate poverty from the state by 2022. Government is working with keeping this thought in mind. It is getting support from all the office bearers of division, district and state. It has planned to cleanse the silt of rivers to stop the rain water from being wasted. With the help from political parties, social institutions and common people cleaning of rivers will start in April and May as mass movement; this will change the scenario of the whole area,” he said.
According to master plan gateway of Bhadrakali temple complex will be curvaceous towards the east. Two river fronts Bhadrakali Ghat and Buddha Ghat will be constructed. Multi-Purpose halls, cultural centres, information centers, auditoriums, museums will be constructed in the premises. There will be battery-powered auto form entry gate to Buddhist Stupa and Koteshwar Temple for travelling. Different roads will also be constructed for both the destinations. The area will be full of greenery. Food coats, parks etc. will also be made. Scenario of this area will change with completion of program. Chief Minister made a detailed tour of the entire area with DC and other senior officers and directed detailed directions regarding the master plan.
On this occasion, Chief Secretary Rajbala Verma, Development Commissioner Amit Khare, Tourism Secretary Rahul Sharma, Deputy Commissioner Sandeep Singh, Chatra, Superintendent of Police Akhilesh V Variyar, Deputy Development Commissioner Jishan Kamar and other officers of the district were present.
- State police athletics meet kicks off 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‚ÄėLac farming, a livelihood option for forest dwellers‚Äô 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Model Code of Conduct for Gomia by-poll imposed 27 Apr 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Timesnow poll shows 31% vote for Shivraj Singh, 28% for BJP 27 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- PHD Chamber conclave to promote entrepreneurship in J&K 27 Apr 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi
- SC relief to Shibu Soren in murder case 27 Apr 2018 | PNS n Agencies | in Ranchi
- Silli, Gomia bypolls on May 28 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Ensure complete implementation of polythene ban: Jawalkar 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Awareness programme held on World IP Day 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Mother Traffic Force formed in State 27 Apr 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun